Friday, 19 April 2013

sky blue and mustard, a gingham vintage dress and a pretty house

blue gingham vintage dress mustard a Here is what I wore last weekend – the Sunday – when I wore my just-arrived blue gingham vintage dress with my mustard cardigan from the last post. It is definitely feeling cooler now. We were in that weird stage when you don't know if you need a cardigan, and then you're too warm, but then 10 minutes later you're a bit cold... exciting! That said, I am writing this in two jumpers. We might have skipped a decent Autumn and be in winter already! I can live with this. I'm ready! Lots of the houses where I live have wood fires and the air in the evening smells amazing. blue gingham vintage mustard cardigan d But, back to my warm Sunday. We were meeting up with a friend for brunch. I love this blue gingham dress and even though it only arrived last week, I've already worn it twice. The reason I am clutching at its skirt like a fretful Victorian house maid is I want to shorten it a little, but haven't decided how much yet. Don't worry, there won't be any chopping, just folding and re-hemming! blue gingham vintage mustard cardigan c blue gingham vintage mustard cardigan b I love blues and mustard together. I wore my comfy orange polka dot platforms but I'd like a more neutral shoe, too. Maybe pale pink, or soft grey. pink floral house b Melbourne has some very pretty streets and houses. I loved this one. I really want to live in a house soon, and I hope I can make it as nice as this! I'd love to have a front garden, and, oh, those windows! My apartment is very dark and I dream of having natural sunlight shining in, making shadows on the wall and letting me know what it's like outside. pink floral house a lilac hair curl swirl John took a sneaky close up. Chubby cheeks forever! I am wearing a new lipstick, an orange-based red that I love with my lilac hair, and it's getting its own post soon. blue gingham vintage mustard cardigan e I enjoyed what must surely be the last of the sun for a few months. And now I am ready for some rain – I'm so excited about winter! Roast veg for dinner, wood fires (or at least their delicious scent in the air!) and layers. It's the best!

blue gingham vintage mustard cardigan a

29 comments:

Charmaine said...

What a lucky find. That dress is so stunning.

Rebecca Jane said...

You look like something out of a movie - so pretty, and the perfect picket fence with flowers. Just lovely!

ravenlocks said...

Your dress and cardigan are so lovely together! I love your hair too :) And I do agree that the house behind you is very pretty. Pink houses or ones with pink detail always catch my attention.

xo Azu

www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

Ava G said...

That house is beautiful! I love your combination of mustard and blue together. I've never tried putting those two colors together. Perhaps I should!

Alexa

Mabel said...

Such a cool outfit!

I long to live in a house, too. I've been living in apartments for the past 11 years and I'm sick of it. I just want to be able to paint my walls and have a garden!

Enjoy your winter beginnings :)

Mabel
Mabel Cooks

Rochelle New said...

Oh my goodness that house with its pink and white fence is just darling! It's a shame it's not your house, it looks like it was made for you! Gorgeous dress and cardigan as per usual.

Lucy In The Sky said...

Melbourne does seem to have such lovely houses and I have heard so much of how the city has such a pleasant atmosphere and feeling to it in comparison with Australia's other capital cities. I hope go there someday soon. The smell of those wood fires must be delightful!
And I must say your lilac hair looks absolutely stunning.

BaronessVonVintage said...

oooh, mustard and aqua = what a fresh pairing of colours! Those photos of the pink flowers are heavenly, too!

MarieBayArea said...

Lovely colors

Hannah said...

You look delightful, your hair is so bouncy and pretty, gingham and mustard is the way forward!xx

esme and the laneway said...

Charmaine : thanks! Chuffed with both :)

Rebecca Jane : <3

ravenlocks : thanks! Yes, gorgeous house :)

Ava G : do it! :D

Mabel : oh, exactly!

Rochelle New : one day, I want a house!

Lucy In The Sky : bits of it are pretty :) and thanks!

BaronessVonVintage : thanks!

MarieBayArea : <3

Hannah : haha yes! :D

Mrs Advocat said...

Love the dress! the colour is amazing and i like the combination of cold and warm colours.
Strange how you are looking forward to winter as we cannot wait for proper spring here in Sweden, we still need coats and jackets and it is almost May!

Rebecca Tan said...

Oh my days this series of photos is gorgeous especially that pink house with those pink flowers!!! lovely lovely lovely. I would pink or lilac hair!! but i'm currently red and my hair can't take much more!

fabulous outfit x

Sora said...

I can't believe how beautiful you are and how beautiful is that place! ♥_♥.

Laura said...

love the dress, so beautiful! x

Incendiary Blonde said...

Such beautiful photos! That house is so pretty with the pink accents, and I just love that mustard cardi of yours!

Sarah said...

Beautiful pictures, you look so pretty! x

Emma said...

Hi Marianne!

What lipstick are you wearing? It's beautiful on you! :)

Emma x

Becky said...

Beautiful dress!

Sammi said...

You are stunning, and this dress is a dream on you! I am in love with that house! :)

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

The Boyer Family said...

We just awarded you with the "Very Inspiring Blogger Award" over at our blog! You can view it here:
http://boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com/2013/04/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

Your posts are sooo fabulous!! Keep up the good work :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

The whole colour scheme and sweet, blossom filled setting of these photos is endlessly joyful. I wish I could translate into a wallpaper and plaster it across my walls so that my world always felt as lovely and beautiful as these images are.

♥ Jessica

Anna z www.dziecioblog.blogspot.com said...

These pics - pure magic...

Kim said...

I love your outfits, but your hair the most... it is awesome ! Love that color <3

Kristina said...

Awesome color combination!

She's Crafty

kat - The Organised Housewife said...

Gorgeous colours and I love that house and the flowers, stunning.

Jordan Randolph said...

Beautiful! I love the mustard cardigan with the bright blue gingham. That kind of color cardigan indicates spring is on the horizon or fall is fast approaching. Gotta love that in-between weather! Makes me almost miss fall!

Jordan
http://jordansvintagekitchen.blogspot.com

Modern Girl Blitz said...

Oh my god..you and your blog are so pretty!

Just Dont Tell Anyone said...

wow! adorable photos, really! love the colours of them.. everything! :)
which camera do you use? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...