Thursday, 18 April 2013

vintage, mustard, cropped and beaded... and I love it

vintage mustard cardigan c I seem to have a kind of collection going. My new vintage pink cardigan has a mustard friend.

I actually found this one first, and knew it had to be mine. Mustard is one of my favourite colours, and, again, it has a collar, beading and pearls details and the perfect fitted and cropped shape. vintage mustard cardigan d It also has belt loops, which I will be using soon! vintage mustard cardigan e It has an ILGWU Union label that dates it to between 1955 and 1963. vintage mustard cardigan f It had a couple of tiny nibbles in the collar, but they were easily fixed and aren't visible anymore when the
collar is down. vintage mustard cardigan g See? vintage mustard cardigan a It looks a little rumpled here as it has already had a few wears and has been sleeping folded in my cupboard, where it lives with its colourful buddies. I've now got them in pink, mustard and blue and cream, so I'm feeling pretty ready for the winter! It's soooo nice after going so, so long without good cardigans. Are there things you find are missing from your wardrobe?

I am going away for the weekend, leaving early tomorrow morning. I promise to take lots of photos and share them with you when I get back! In the meantime there will be tales from last weekend, delicious brunches (and inspiration! I always need inspiring when in comes to meals) and my latest makeup love. I don't know how much internet or wifi I'll have but hopefully I'll be able to check in, and to do instagrams too. See you soon! vintage mustard cardigan b

18 comments:

Lucy In The Sky said...

I love the colour. Mustard is one of my favourites as well. What does the material feel like? Is it as soft as I imagine?
Have a great weekend!

esme and the laneway said...

Lucy In The Sky : it is, it's really soft and kind of firm – the wool in those days and how it was knitted etc was so good!

Fox Parse said...

Ohhh mustard. You tricky minx of a colour. That cardy looks so sturdy and warm and just the right colour of mustard - more tasty sandwich than muddy clay!

I need to start hunting for cardigans again. I lost my last one and now I'm left with hideous sky jumpers from the 70s to fight off the cold. Ugh.

Rebecca said...

I am loving mustard at the moment at that is simply adorable! Also, the beading is simply exquisite! What a great find!

http://mn2nz.wordpress.com

Mici Mathonka said...

I love these cropped cardigans, I've always loved carigans but with my growing passion for vintage and pin-up, I now buy those cropped in secondhands. In my small hometown they aren't vintage, but H&M and New Look make nice pieces :)

Alli said...

gorgeous! love the beading and the colour. Unfortunately I cant wear mustard (I have olive skin and mustard makes me look ill). Im very envious of people that can...it is such a lovely shade :)

GracefullyVintage said...

Ahh so pretty! I better keep my out for cute little cardigans in the op-shops!

Incendiary Blonde said...

LOVE!

Emma Litton said...

What a beautiful color! It's such a darling style cardigan as well. Yes, there seems to always be something that is missing from my wardrobe. Cotton blouses and skirts for this summer for me, but I'm slowly building my supply up :)

xo,
Em

Chloe said...

Very very pretty!

WendyBee said...

Lovely! Might I say that it would look loveliest with your red hair? (I rather miss it...)
You choose such pretty things, and I love the way you put your outfits together.

Eccentric Owl said...

I absolutely adore this cardigan! It is so, so gorgeous! The beading is so delicate, and mustard is one of my new favorites for year-round outfits. So pretty!
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

Becky said...

Ooh, I have some clothes with that label. They make it so easy to date!

Becky
xx

drapedincloudlets said...

I love the belt loops, so many possibilities to use them (and the beading is very nice too :-)

Teresa said...

Cardigan perfection!
Enjoy your weekend.
x

Sarah said...

Oh what a gorgeous cardigan! I really do need to get myself some new cardies, all I seem to wear at the moment is a cream 60s one. I think some colour is needed!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Absolutely lovely! The beaded cardigan gods have most definitely been on your side this year, dear gal. Can't wait to see the many wonderful ways you'll style this saffron hued beauty.

♥ Jessica

Gabriella said...

Wow, where do you find those lovely cardigans?
So pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...