Friday, 17 May 2013

a trip to the coast, brilliant blues and lots of mustard -- peninsula getaway, part one

ma dear in the mirror or the window at aquabelle Happy Friday! Let's make an early escape, yeah? I can't believe it was almost four weeks (?????!?!?!?!!!!) ago that I headed down to Dromana for a blogger's getaway weekend. With Iolanthe at the wheel, we drove down on a golden early afternoon to the Peninsula, for two nights and three days of relaxing, good eating and brilliant company by the sea side. view of the sea After a short drive, mostly along the coast, with blue skies and bluer seas around us, we were at our Aquabelle apartment, where we would be staying with Stasia for the weekend. And, just a few doors down, were Cecylia, Leeyong and Candice – five people I was absolutely chuffed to be spending a whole weekend with! And check out our view..! view chairs sofas I'd packed with a mustard theme in mind – oh, um, I sound a bit like Kath from Kath and Kim, here, but it's true! – and when packing light(ish) (I had to fit sportswear in there) (more on that in a minute) you need to have things that go together. Obviously. So, I chose mustard – perfect for the Autumn that Melbourne was trying to conjour up, and doing a marvelous job of in a sunny kind of way – and O HAI I matched the apartment's decor! Loved the mustard couches, high ceilings and the wall of glass that opened onto a large balcony overlooking the sea. boat ocean We could see massive ships go by. I'm always impressed by these. They look so dramatic on the skyline. Isn't it great that the angle of the horizon and gravity are helping the ship along..?! Note to self: think spirit level next time! chairs sofas mustards My vintage mustard cardigan fit right in to its new home. beautiful blue bathroom The main bedroom, Iolanthe's – well she did drive us and so she more than deserved it – had a gorgeous blue ensuite. I love these tiles, and this colour is one of my favourites. And erm, yes, I may have stood in the bath – shaped like a big half egg – to get a photo. blue hello storm view Looking back now, I feel like I should have gone for a brisk walk along the beach, taken the air, put some roses in my cheeks. Instead, drowsy from the drive (being a passenger, ha!) I made the most of the free wifi (thank you Aquabelle this is brilliant!) and did some blogging, some instagramming, and some general internetting, and then watched a big storm blow in. splash I love watching Victorian storms come in, and the best place for it is by the sea. sockies I was warm and cosy in my cashmere socks. This was pre pom pom sock days. kitchen ingreditants That evening, we went with Stasia to the other apartment where Candice, Leeyong and Cecylia were staying, to have cocktails – totally worth the 30 second trot! – and then we all headed back to ours where I cooked us dinner. I made a pea and goats cheese pesto pasta with roast tomatoes and rosemary – based on this recipe on Pip's lovely blog.

I didn't count on cooking for 6 taking so long – maybe the cocktails slowed me down a bit! – and we had a lovely late dinner, talking about everything and including the next morning, when we'd be up early to do a yoga class. Yoga! This is what the sportswear was for. Early morning outdoor yoga. Yep, I did it. And... more about that soon! First, we somehow managed to stay up far too late and eat far too much pasta... which has got to be the nicest introduction to a long weekend with friends. tomato goats cheese pea peasto spaghetti rosemary sprig

11 comments:

Amanda M. said...

Both your dress and that pasta are perfection! I hope you had fun on your weekend trip.

Iolanthe said...

Memories, misty water-colored memories...

What a spectacular photo blog. I love that image with the raindrop falling on the outdoor table. Can't believe it was a month ago.

Here's to more such getaways and shenanigans! x

MarieBayArea said...

Your pasta looks mouthwateringly delicious. That place is stunning.

Vickie said...

what gorgeous view!

Rachael Victoria said...

Wow! Beautiful blog! Such great pictures! Keep up the good work :)

rachael-victoria.blogspot.co.uk

xx

wingsforliberty.com said...

The pasts looks so tasty and I totally know what you mean, cooking for more people takes so much more time than for yourself. I find it a lot more rewarding, too :)
The blue tiled bathroom looks amazing ;~; It looks like you had a lot of fun! Looking forward to your next posts.

Lots of love,
Trish
http://wingsforliberty.com/

thescreensiren.com said...

Such lovely pictures! That bathroom is gorgeous!
xx
http://thescreensiren.com

Jessica Cangiano said...

Wonderful photographs, I especially like the inside + outside view in the first one. Much like your stunning floral frock, it's absolutely beautiful.

Have an awesome weekend, dear gal!
♥ Jessica

Chloe said...

What gorgeous scenery! One of these days I will definitely make it down to Australia!!!

Romance Dame said...

Beautiful photos, your hair is looking awesome. x

Anonymous said...

Love your blog and dress- Where is the dress from? xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...