Wednesday, 8 May 2013

blue hydrangeas, lights in the leaves at night, tables full of glasses and friends and a tiny sprig of green

kitty hat box a Don't you love those days when you defy the weather reports and it turns out to be a good thing? Yesterday was meant to be rainy but I wanted to wear my blue hydrangea dress – and I can tell it's been too long because it was hard to type hydrangea – and it turned out beautifully sunny after all. After a Monday of a pencil skirt and early 1960's top combo (which I completely didn't photograph, in spite of my best intentions and the fact that the top is newly mine – a gift from a friend – and a new style for me, and I LOVE it) I was feeling floral-y and back to full skirted goodness. kitty hat box c Babycat opened an eye to show her approval. I opened my eyes to my real need for some tights and a pair of closed toed shoes for winter. You think you have enough and then... no. kitty hat box e jacinta I met up with lovely Jacinta for coffee and cake and we talked about the upcoming Truly Vintage day this Saturday (eeee!) and the two Swedish words we know: fikka (how appropriate!) and tack! But I don't know if it's pronounced fee-ka or fi-ka. I was also worried about my camera as the focus seems to be playing up again... hmm. I didn't take too many photos as I wanted to avoid the potential frustration. leaves and night lights Then in the evening John and I met up with some friends we hadn't seen for ages. It was so, so good to catch up, even though I was pretty tired. I was determined to see them so I picked me and my under eye bags up from the couch and headed to the pub. Thankfully my camera was playing nice again. table full of glasses Tuesday nights are best spent like this. pub burgers With enourmous pub food burgers (but this one's not mine!) and loud talking and laughing and bartering over who gets the coffee machine and whether it is dangerous to use electrical things with the cord coiled up. It is, by the way. I wasn't hungry enough for a burger and had zucchini fritters with mayonnaise and, look, there is green on the plate! It was so good to see everyone I could have cried with hapiness, but instead went home and drew even more pictures on Draw Something with my friend. Promise to do this more often! tiny green


Lucy In The Sky said...

Beautiful dress! Such a unique print. Glad that you had a good time with your friends. That pub food looks amazing!

Missy Piggy said...

Awww, Babycat - she looks like such a great dressing room assistant to have! said...

What a gorgeous dress and the photos of food got me starving!

Lots of love,

Lisen said...

That dress is so pretty! And by the way, it's pronounced fika! <3

- eco bird by danii - said...

Beautiful print! I love your wardrobe! Looks so cosy and organised! x

Ms. Megan said...

I am in love with this dress and your little cat in the hat box is so adorable!! xo

Anonymous said...

it's pronounced fee-ka and it's spelled with one k only... my favourite word in the swedish language and I think it's a shame there's not a word for having coffee and food with friends in every language..

Constantly Alice said...

I LOVE hydrangeas. That print is so lovely. I've been looking for wool in just that shade of blue to make a coat ;)

Viktoria said...

It's pronounced fee-ka and is spelled with one k, so it's "fika"! :)

Thanks for having a wonderful blog by the way, I found you through Instagram and I am so glad that I did.
Hugs from one of your Swedish readers!

esme and the laneway said...

‪Lucy In The Sky‬ : thanks :) it was a filling meal..! :D

‪Missy Piggy‬ : the best. Definitely! ;D

‪‬ : hehe chiiiips ;)

‪Lisen‬ tack!

‪- eco bird by danii -‬ : ooh cosy yes but organised? Could be improved a little hehe ;)

‪Ms. Megan‬ : isn't she a tiny darling! ;D

‪Anonymous‬ : tack! I think we can sue fika wherever we are :)

‪Constantly Alice‬ Oh that sounds nice!

‪Viktoria‬ tack! (TackK! hehe) welcome! Happy to have Swedish readers to share the opposite world that is Australia with :D

Jessica Cangiano said...

Everything in your wardrobe is knock-your-socks off gorgeous (and endlessly covetable), but I really have to say this hydrangea dress is one of my all-time favourite pieces you have. Ever since the first time you shared it with us, I've been on the hunt (no luck yet) for a mid-century dress with hydrangeas on it too.

♥ Jessica

Rochelle New said...

Awww Babycat is so cute in that hat box! I guess that makes it a cat box now ;) Lovely dress and hair as always.

My name is Peggy Sue said...

Dear how are you? My name is Elena Novales and im from Spain. I write the blog My name is Peggy Sue and I love your stile! Its so lovely!
In facebook i find this page and i see you in a picture. Do you work with this spanish brand dear?

Sorry my bad english please!!

Kissssss and happy day!!!!!!!


Ava G said...

I love hydrangeas and this dress! I especially love how you've paired it with white stockings. :)

MarieBayArea said...

Jacinta is gorgeous. Love her vintage fashion style. Birds of a feather and all that. Thanks for the introduction to all of the wonderful vintage style bloggers in Melbourne.

esme and the laneway said...

‪Jessica Cangiano‬ : good luck with the search – it will come up when least expected :)

‪Rochelle New‬ : ahaha yes it does :D

‪My name is Peggy Sue‬ : hello! Thanks for heads up. No, I don't work with them, they've stolen my image and I've asked them to stop :(

‪Ava G‬ : I've realised I have a stockings shortage..!

‪MarieBayArea‬ : there are a few of us, and it;s nice to finally start meeting them! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...