Monday, 6 May 2013

golden leaves, yellow roses on vintage dresses and the orangiest cardigan

vintage-yellow-rose-dress g Happy Monday! I hope you had a lovely weekend. I really did although of course it went super-fast. I had a fun Saturday afternoon working with some vintage hairstyling – but more about that soon! I just wanted to say hello, and jump for joy at this glorious weather! We have hit the good Autumn stuff now; it's cool (or cold, in the morning and at night) and sunny and absolutely wonderful to be outside in. I've actually been getting outside much more than usual lately but I am getting off track again! Back to it!

Here is what I was wearing last Saturday (ie. the weekend before the one just gone; I am in real catch up mode now! I am catching up with comments right now – thanks so much for you patience!) when John and I popped in to our nephew's birthday party at the park. vintage-yellow-rose-dress e I wore my vintage yellow roses dress (it's early 1960s) with my amber polka dot platform sandals and the world's brightest orange cardigan, from asos. vintage-yellow-rose-dress f vintage-yellow-rose-dress b Honestly, this cardigan is the brightest thing I've even seen. I don't know if it is neon or if it is some kind of plugged in colour, but whatever it is, I love it! It just makes me happy! Even if it does remind me of early 1990's raves – not that I went to any, I was too young, obviously – but I still felt the need to build some houses and pack some boxes. I wonder how many of you what I'm talking about?! vintage-yellow-rose-dress d red lips starfish brooch I also wore my new starfish brooch by Peta Pledger, which I bought from Heroes and Villains in North Fitzroy. I love it sooo much and it goes with so many things. I want to wear more bijoux so this is my start. orange leaves autumn polka dot shoes At long, long last we have some golden crunchy leaves, piling up on the footpaths and rustling in the cold winds. It's the best time of year! I always feel so excited for some reason, I don't know why. And it's more than just relief that it isn't a million degrees anymore! vintage-yellow-rose-dress c vintage-yellow-rose-dress h And there are PLENTY of exhilarating (or, erm, icy!) winds around at the moment, cutting though the warm honey sunshine. Check out my hair! It didn't help that I was at the very end of my Hair Colouring Cycle (hence attemps at hiding my regowth with scarves, which doubled as hair-holder-downers, almost successfully) and I was so happy when I re-blonded and lavendered my hair the following day. But I must tell you how beautiful these last few weeks have been here: see, it was almost warm enough to go sans cardigan! It's truly blissful right now! Hooray for changing seasons! x vintage-yellow-rose-dress a

15 comments:

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

such a fun outfit! I love the starfish is it a brooch?

Toni-Louise said...

Love the shoes! The whole outfit looks gorgeous! xx

lemon-freckles.blogspot.co.uk

wingsforliberty.com said...

I find it so strange that her summer came and where you live it's Autumn, this world truly is a funny place. I can totally see why the cardi makes you happy, that colour sends a super energetic vibe! Hope you'll have a lovely week <3

Lots of love,
Trish
http://wingsforliberty.com/

Becky said...

I love your double-hairband look here!

Becky
xx

Andrea Roberts said...

Your outfit is so cute! I love the dress matched with the headband and polka sandals. That is so retro!

Elke said...

We are having sunshine and blossoms (so beautiful!) here in Belgium... It's so much better than the neverending snow, rain and freezing cold :P
I can wear skirts and dresses and sandals and sunglasses :) We can go for picnics and walks, without rain- or snowclothes.
Love your hair cover-up scarf idea !!

Jessica Cangiano said...

What a jubilant feast of colours at work in this fun, lovely outfit and the world around you. We haven't even hit summer yet, but seeing those crispy golden leaves has me pining for fall already.

Have an awesome week, dear gal!
♥ Jessica

Constantly Alice said...

I love absolutely everything about this outfit! The colors are stunning <3

xoxo,
ConstantlyAlice

pigeon said...

omg! your style! i just great! i love this energetic red and your star brooch <3

[my weirdoland - www.pigeongray.blogspot.com]

Tabet said...

Hey,
beautiful pictures and amazing look.
Love

http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

thescreensiren.com said...

I love the turban headband! Looks so great with the cardigan!
xx
http://thescreensiren.com

esme and the laneway said...

‪Natalie_vintage_girl‬ : It is!


‪Becky‬ : thanks!




‪Elke‬ : yay! Seasons finally changing is wonderful :)



‪Jessica Cangiano‬ : haha and I'll start thinking about summer before we know it..! Enjoy your week too lovely lady!


‪Constantly Alice‬ : <3



‪pigeon‬ thank you! <3



‪Tabet‬ : thanks!




Mabel said...

You are quite the 90s raver!

Jealous of your lovely weather as we're reaching the million degree mark on the thermometers!

Mabel
Mabel Cooks

tors grantham said...

Love that cardi, so nice and bright!

PS don't forget push the trolley and bounce the ball - I'd forgotten how ridiculous everyone danced back then!

Catherine Summers said...

Marianne I can see why the cardigan would make you happy, it IS so gorgeous and bright! It's a perfect pairing for the beautiful dress (love the yellow roses).

I myself am more than old enough to have gone to early 90s raves which I did... though I certainly didn't look at all stylish back then. Too sweaty and dark in there ;))

Hope you've had a lovely weekend!

Catherine x
http://notdressedaslamb.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...