Monday, 13 May 2013

our first truly vintage day and a sea green vintage dress

truly vintage morning b Good morning! We had our first Truly Vintage day on Saturday and it was amazing. So many people came to see us, thank you thank you thank you! It was so good to meet you! It was also so wonderful to spend the day with a great group of vintage bloggers, and meet some for the first time. I was a bit overwhelmed by it all to be honest! But in the nicest possible way of course. I am a bit tired now – I think we all will be! – but it was absolutely worth it.

I have lots of photos from the day of course, and here is a quick outfit post from the morning, when I was on my way to set up. As you can see, it was a super sunny morning, and it was really warm too – brilliant summer weather, but in the final weeks of Autumn, um, ah, errr?! – and I wore a new pale blue vintage party dress with a chiffon skirt and lace bodice. And, to set up, dunlops! The intention was to add heels once ready but you know what they say about those intentions..! I love the pale blue-green ocean-like colour of this dress and hope to wear it again soon. With dressier heels, perhaps! Yes! Happy Monday! truly vintage morning a truly vintage morning c

16 comments:

Miss Fairchild said...

Gorgeous! I absolutely loved that dress on you. It was lovely to meet you and thanks for letting me touch your hair. Yes I am just as weird in person as I am online!

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

What a beautiful dress! It's a perfect color!

-Katie

MarieBayArea said...

You look gorgeous. Love the hair and pretty dress.

Teresa said...

It was such a fabulous day Marianne! Thanks so much for orgainising it with Trish. It was so lovely to meet you and I know what you mean about it being slightly overwhelming, but in a good way!

I'm so tired today. I think I'm going to sleep well tonight!

xo

PS Can't wait to see your pics!

Retro Chick said...

The dress colour looks great with your hair!
I saw the Truly vintage day photos on instagram, it looked great!

Mélodie said...

Lovely dress, I love the color and the light in this picture, beautiful!

http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

Helen Le Caplain said...

Gorgeous dress! All the best vintage blogger meet-ups seem to be happening in Australia at the moment... sounds like your's was a success!

www.mancunianvintage.com

Incendiary Blonde said...

Your hair looks bloomin' amazing!

Camilla said...

Lovelly photos! :)

XOXO
http://www.mademoiselleparis.com.br/

Psycho Cat said...

I agree with previous comments, gorgeous dress and this color looks amazing on you :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

Fabulously pretty, femininely lovely blue dress - this reminds me that I need more pale blue in my wardrobe, too.

So happy to know that the first Truly Vintage event went swimmingly!

♥ Jessica

Q's Daydream said...

So wish I could of stopped by!
That dress is gorgeous.

Iliska Dreams said...

I wear a lot of my vintage dresses with my black cons. Too much of a comfort girl.

Rochelle New said...

Gosh your hair is just amazing!! Can't wait to see photos from Truly Vintage :)

thescreensiren.com said...

What a great idea! And such a lovely dress!
xx
http://thescreensiren.com

margaretvspauline said...

I love that you wore your Dunlops all day. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...