Thursday, 16 May 2013

pencil skirts, vintage cardigans, victory rolls and real autumn

vintage-yellow-pencil-skirt a After our Big Day on Saturday, Sunday was a much quieter day. And much colder and greyer and rainier. Which I loved! I wore a 1980's-does-1950's yellow pencil skirt I got from an op shop a few years ago but haven't worn very often with my 1950's beaded pink cardigan. vintage-yellow-pencil-skirt c And added my burnt orange suede wedges and my starfish brooch. These are the most comfortable shoes that aren't trainers and I am so happy I got them! lilac-victory-rolls It was also a super windy day! I put my hair up in victory rolls. It'd been two whole weeks since I'd last done my roots – so, yep, it's already time to get onto that! I still love the pale colours, so maybe light blue next? Or pale pink? lilac-victory-rolls b I let the fluffy back get blown about as much as it liked. I loved this more seasonal weather, and the feeling of the cold wind blowing the leaves about. It smells amazing in Melbourne, too, at this time of year. Lots of houses still have wood fires and the smell of them burning is just the best. So Autumny and cosy.

After brunch with a friend, John and I went for a drive in the hills and watched a storm blow in. It's amazing how quickly it turns dark here when that happens; the sky goes black in just a few short minutes and then the rain drops on the windscreen make the lights outside big and sparkly, disco snowflakes. We were soon home again with hot tea and the heater going – no wood fire for us, but one day! ONe day we will have one! – and watched Call The Midwife. The perfect cosy Sunday night in. vintage-hair-voctory-rolls-lilac-hair a

22 comments:

MarieBayArea said...

Your hair is beautiful.

Emma Powick said...

Love the pink and yellow together it look fantastic! x

Miss Fairchild said...

Absolutely looooooove that look. SO gorgeous.

mel buchanan said...

I love the wood-fire smell too. Unfortunately people where I live still have kerosene heaters, which aren't so pleasant!
Mx

Brooke F said...

I never would have thought of yellow and pink together, but you look fantastic!

Hopefully Smashing said...

I love this outfit. Those shoes and your hair a great. I haven;t seen Call the Midwife yet but I have heard really good things, I should get on watching that.

Jessica Cangiano said...

What gorgeous hair (I agree, there really is something marvelous about feeling the nippy autumn breeze blow through your hair and against your skin), outfit, and setting. That punchy combination of popsicle pink and daffodil yellow is smashing!

♥ Jessica

esme and the laneway said...

MarieBayArea : thank you :)

Emma Powick : thanks! It felt kinda Atumny too! :)

‪‬
Miss Fairchild : thank you! There will be mroe pencil skirts this winter for sure! :D

mel buchanan : oh no, that doesn't sound too good!

Brooke F : thanks! I love these unexpected colour combos :)

Hopefully Smashing : thanks! Oh, do! It's really good but it makes me cry every. single. episode.

Jessica Cangiano : thanks! I LOVE this cold weather stuff – it's properly cold here now all of a sudden (as in coats, tights and gloves are required for outdoors) and I keep smiling about it :D

margaretvspauline said...

Loving the new silhouette, and colours, and hair, and everything. Perfection, as always.

garofit said...

Beautiful look, amazing hair, and stunning colour scheme. Love it!

Rebecca Tan said...

this has brought a smile to my face!!! loving the choice of colours and that starfish!! cute!! x

Lucy In The Sky said...

Beautiful victory rolls! I shall have to start doing mine again. Though I've always had trouble doing them at the back of my head. Do you have any good tips for doing so?

thescreensiren.com said...

those suede shoes are to die for! And I love your pastel hair colors- so pretty! Excited to see what you try next!
xx
http://thescreensiren.com

Katy said...

You look fab, I love the pink of the cardigan - the outfit looks like a cheerful rainbow :)

Sammi said...

This outfit is GORGEOUS! I love the color combination! And your hair looks lovely. :)

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Libertad said...

I must say that pencil skirts looks gorgeous on you <3

Chloe said...

That's a lovely color combo!

Becky said...

These colours are perfect!

Becky
xx

Emma Cherry said...

You have 'Call the Midwife' there? Fantastic isn't it? The season has finished here now again :(
Do you have any of the others, such as 'Downton Abbey', 'Mr Selfridge' or 'The Paradise'?
I'm currently up to season 6 of 'Mad Men' - I sound like a tv freak, and honestly - I probably am hehe!

Glad it's cooling down over there.....the weather here can't make up it's mind and we're all catching colds!

I think you should try a blue next - I'm currently a blue-ish colour now after my lilac went wrong somehow - I like the colour though :) Just as well

Emma x

Danielle said...

LOVE this color combo! (and a bit envious of your fall weather..it's my faavorite time of year :)

Jamie Rose said...

This color combination is so gorgeous! This outfit makes me wish I had a cool yellow pencil skirt like yours. I'm loving the starfish brooch too.

CrazeeGirl s World said...

Your bright yellow pencil skirt is splendid . I love the pink cardigan too .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...