Thursday, 30 May 2013

ready to go on a trip to the bellarine peninsula

bellarine trip a Last Saturday morning I met up with Iolanthe and Leeyong bright and early for a coffee and something to eat and a weekend away! We piled into Iolanthe's car and drove down to the Bellarine peninsula, about 1.5 hours away on Victoria's coast. Don't you love the name Bellarine? bellarine trip b I wore my new vintage 1950's quilted skirt. I just love the copper colour, and had been looking for one like it for ages – isn't it the best thing when you finally find something you've been searching for! I added my vintage cream cardigan with the pearls and sparkly beading, and my Marni shoes. Oh, I love them so, so much. I also had my vintage faux fur hat and my 1940's princess coat, but it was a really mild Autumn morning, so I didn't need them. And, of course, I had my trusty red vintage hat box! It's amazing how much I can fit in there. bellarine trip c We drove along the left side of the horse's head (look at the map and you'll see what I mean!) and stopped off at a cute cafe for chai lattes. But we didn't have long; we had a lunch date at a winery so we had to get back on the road! hey-ho-let's-go-bellarine b Leeyong and Iolanthe looking beautiful at our beautiful destination... the view there was incredible! But more on that another time. Right now I am resting up after catching a cold (which is possibly why I felt so warm all weekend?!) and drinking hot water with lemon and honey. So it's extra nice to look back at a good weekend away. Especially as I have another busy weekend coming up, which I'll share soon! Hope you are having a great week! hey-ho-let's-go-bellarine a

11 comments:

MarieBayArea said...

That outfit looks beautiful and cozy. Your red hat box is a cute little number.

Tilda said...

Love that skirt!

Just Dont Tell Anyone said...

aww! you look so beautiful!!! :)

Roxanne Baum said...

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your trip :) I grew up on the Bellarine Peninsula (in Ocean Grove) and I think it's a lovely part of the state.

Roxanne Baum said...

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip :) I grew up on the Bellarine Peninsula (in Ocean Grove) and I think it's a lovely part of the state.

Jessica Cangiano said...

I certainly do love that name - it resembles the word ballerina so much that one can't help but imagine it being the kind of place that puts a spring in your step and makes you want to twirl around like a ballet dancer.

Your quilted skirt is seriously stupendous. I have the biggest crush on quilted 1950s garments of all kinds.

♥ Jessica

Rebecca Cinnamon said...

Simply loving the size of this skirt and colour of it too! all the more better for twirling! Hoping you had a great day! and Ballerine is the most lovely name! I do agree!!

x Rebecca

pigeon said...

you look amazing! perfect vintage outfit!

[my cute weirdoland - www.pigeongray.blogspot.com]

Fabie CrazeeGirl said...

always sweet cardigans !

beate grigutsch said...

love your outfit!
it seems so russian to me.
a quilted circle skirt is on my wishlist too. but i fear i have to make one - such luxery items were not around here in the 50´s........

Elyce Sandri said...

ohhh... love that cardigan! well in fact the whole outfit. looking great :) I had a similar cardigan, though unfortunately my partner put it through the wash!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...