Wednesday, 29 May 2013

sparkly shoes, ginger rogers and glittery spinning

sparkly-ginger-rogers-heels a These are the new shoes I mentioned in my last post. Absolutely not closed toe but absolutely fabulous. They remind me much of classic 1930's shoes, the kind of thing Ginger Rogers would go gliding and spinning and twirling around the dance floor in. They are actually quite slippery as they've not been worn outside yet, so I took them gliding and spinning around my kitchen floor. They make full 360 pirouettes a breeze, and definitely livened up the folding of the freshly washed bed sheets, which I was also doing at the time – if in a somewhat slower, far spaklier, way than unusal. sparkly-ginger-rogers-heels b They are a soft creamy palest gold colour, and very, very glittery! sparkly-ginger-rogers-heels d With little zips to fasten them up the back. sparkly-ginger-rogers-heels c The toes are classic. And the heel height is perfect! They are so, so comfortable, too. I bought them for a special occasion, and I can't wait to wear them properly! Kitchen dancing doesn't quite count, does it?! sparkly-ginger-rogers-heels e

26 comments:

Lara Tura said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I'm rather envious!
www.ahkavintage.com
Join our $150 dress giveaway!

Mitzi Cocoa said...

So gorgeous!

Jessica Cangiano said...

These are most definitely the kind of glimmering, glittering heels I could see Ginger waltzing around in. They're completely fantastic!

♥ Jessica

MarieBayArea said...

Dazzling heels

Karoliina Kalma said...

Lovely! The silver glitter looks so glamorous!

Helen Le Caplain said...

What stunning shoes - definitely worth waltzing through the house in! :)

www.mancunianvintage.com

Miss Fairchild said...

Pretty!

Retro Chick said...

I'm trying not to guess at your special event.

Those are very beautiful shoes!

Lauren VsTheMachine said...

Oh lovely! I bought some gold sparklies recently as well, from mod cloth. And I LOVE them! Finding myself inventing dinner parties etc. just so I can wear them!

Becky said...

They are so beautiful! They remind me of the shoes I used to wear for ballroom dancing.

Becky
xx

Just Dont Tell Anyone said...

wow! even though I'm not such a fan of all the shiny/glittering stuff - these look awesome! :)

ZoSews said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Enjoy them.

Laura said...

they're beautiful! x

alittlevintagestory said...

Fabulous sparkly shoes, I've got some serious envy going on here!

Pia Storm said...

Oh I love those shoes - gorgeous!!

// Pia Storm, http://www.stormsmagasin.dk

Sway said...

Oh my Sweet Baby Jane!
Marianne, they are divine!! I have a huge soft spot for sparkly shoes. Any excuse for wearing them, sheet folding included, is a worthy excuse :)
Twirl away, Lovely!
Shann xx

elke said...

i'm just a little curious what you'll be wearing them to... must be something special :-) i love high heels, but they have to stay in their storage mostly.... sneakers, saddle shoes,... are better to chase after my little ones.

Miss Meadows said...

Don't show me pictures of gorgeous shoes!!! I can't afford to get more!!! ;) Love these though. Might have to get... no... ;) xx

thescreensiren.com said...

what gorgeous glitter shoes!
xx
http://thescreensiren.com

Amia said...

I adore those, they do look like some fabulous shoes Ginger Rogers would wear :)
teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com

Lucy In The Sky said...

Beautiful shoes! They are so glamorous and definitely are reminiscent of something that Ginger Rogers would have worn!

CoriLynn said...

Love, love, love these!!! Gorgeous!! So very Ginger! ;)
~xoxo, CoriLynn

BaronessVonVintage said...

WOW! Foxy!

Nina said...

Ooooh! Where are they from? I'm looking for shoes just like this for burlesque performances

esme and the laneway said...

Thanks everyone! :D

Nina : they're from Betts, and they've since gone on sale!

Mélodie Nicolle said...

Truly gorgeous!
I have a little something with glitter shoes but I only dared flat ones so far, need to change!!
xoxo
Melodie
http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...