Wednesday, 15 May 2013

the big day: our first ever truly vintage market day!

truly-vintage-market-day a Last Saturday I – in my vintage party dress and dunlops – headed down to Trish's vintage shop Hunter & Co. Vintage in Preston for our first ever Truly Vintage Market Day!

It was a beautiful sunny morning. The sky was so blue, and it felt so nice to walk with bare arms in the sunshine, which is so much softer now at this time of year. Of course, it is meant to be late Autumn but I am pretty happy about this. It's lovely! And a one off – we now have the best crisp weather and I am loving it! truly-vintage-market-day b Trish and I were soon set up, and finished blowing up our pink, mint and cream balloons. truly-vintage-market-day c Betty was also ready for the Big Day, with her vintage silk polka dot red and white scarf. Doesn't she look smart! truly-vintage-market-day d Piles of balloons and fresh vintage! truly-vintage-market-day e A photo of us all together. I was kneeling down with Trish for the first few pics – there were a lot of cameras, as you can imagine! – but had to stretch my legs. And I am pretty short! truly-vintage-market-day f Our lovely vintage ladies who were working with us. It is so nice to meet amazing people through blogging. And how cute are Claire and Teresa's glasses! truly-vintage-market-day h Special shout-outs to Claire and Jacinta who did some baking. I can tell you that the anzacs, the rhubarb slices and the pumpkin wraps were all delicious – and, having had at least one of each, I know what I'm talking about. truly-vintage-market-day k Amazing red hair and red vintage hat combo on Jess. truly-vintage-market-day g Beautiful yellow shoes – hi, Kirsty! truly-vintage-market-day p And lots of two-tone shoes. Aren't they all cute! truly-vintage-market-day l Hi, Betty, hi! Love Trish's blue dress. truly-vintage-market-day m It got really busy straight away. It was amazing so many of you came to see us! Thank you! It was so nice to meet so many readers. You are the best! truly-vintage-market-day q We were all excited to check out each others' vintage. Candice had some gems! And I bought an amazing 1940's jacket from Teresa. I can't wait to wear it – I'll have to post about it very soon! I've been looking for vintage jackets (1940's and early 1950's ones) for a while and loved having the chance to try this one on first. truly-vintage-market-day o truly-vintage-market-day n Cute tote bag! truly-vintage-market-day j I love Esz's sewing book. More about this soon..! truly-vintage-market-day i These kept my sugar levels up. Phew. Yum. Phew! It was such a busy, brilliant, fun day. Thanks again to everyone! By the end we were all happily exhausted, and even though I had my super-comfy shoes on, I was looking forward to a good sit down. Betty took refuge under the table with out coffee cups, making sleepy faces. We knew how she felt! But it was so, so worth it. There will definitely be more Truly Vintage days ahead! We are planning already and we can't wait! truly-vintage-market-day r

21 comments:

Teresa said...

Fantastic photos Marianne! The one of Betty at the end of the day is perfect. Love it!

Thanks again to yourself and Trish for such a fabulous day. I loved it and meeting you all and I can't wait for the next one!

I also can't wait to see you in the jacket! I was hoping someone on the day would buy it as it's a Aussie vintage treasure. :)

xo

Lynn Dylan said...

Oh, sounds like SUCH fun! I am glad you had a good time with friends. Your pictures are always so lovely, Marianne!

xoxo
Lynn

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Loks like so much fun!

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

esme and the laneway said...

Teresa : Thank YOU! It was the best to finally meet you! :D We must get together again very soon :D

Lynn Dylan : thanks! It was really really nice, I almost had an emotion after haha Will definitely do it again :)

Rosalinda Tjioe : it was, super fun!

Mitzi Cocoa said...

What an adorable gathering! Your lavender hair is perfect.

MarieBayArea said...

This all just rocks

tunabake said...

Lovely photos Marianne, and it was fantastic to meet you. It was a whirlwind of a day and exhausting but so much fun. Thank you for including me on such a wonderful day and hope to see you again soon. Oh and I printed that tote bag :) Claire xxx

Vanessa said...

Naaaw! That last photo of Betty is adorable.

I had so much fun at the market. It was fantastic to meet you and all the other gorgeous bloggers. Thanks so much for organizing it.

Helen Le Caplain said...

Looks like you had a smashing time!

Everyone looks so pretty :)

www.mancunianvintage.com

esme and the laneway said...

‪Mitzi Cocoa‬ : thanks! It really was a fun day, they are a great group of ladies :)



‪MarieBayArea‬ : it really does!



‪tunabake‬ OH NO WAY that's your print? That's so cool! :D And so god to see you blogging :) Thanks SO MUCH for coming down and being part of it all! It was wonderful to meet you too! x


‪Vanessa‬ : Betty is saaaahhhh cute! Thank YOU for coming down! It was so nice to meet you!


‪Helen Le Caplain‬ : it was a world of pretty! <3

Jessica Cangiano said...

There is so very much loveliness and inspiration at work at this stellar vintage event - from tieing a little scarf around a dog's neck (I'm definitely going to try that with Annie when she gets a bit older) to Esz's sewing book. You ladies really through an awesome market day!

♥ Jessica

What About B said...

Very cool! You all look wonderful.

What About B said...

Very cool! You all look wonderful.

alittlevintagestory said...

Super envious of what looks to be a fab and fun day. xx

The Boyer Family said...

Ooohhh! Looks like you had a lovely time! Those rhubarb bars look amazing! Could you bribe your friend to share the recipe???

Brigid
The Middle Sister and Singer

The Boyer Family said...

It looks like a dream.... sooooo blissful!!
Those magenta bars (rhubarb?) look almost uneatable, like they came out of a story book!

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Authentic Alice said...

Wow you all look so good! looks like your day was a success. I need to find something similar here to go to!

Take a look at my blog

Miss Fairchild said...

Such a great day! I hope we can do it again soon....I have more handbags to hawk now....

Katy said...

WOW! You all look amazing :)

Jurgita said...

cute dog!
metinearbata.blogspot.com

Steph (in the psychedelic shirt) said...

It was lovely meeting you! Thank you for the hair styling tips and tricks too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...