Friday, 31 May 2013

wine tasting, helicopters and golden vineyards

jack-rabbit-bellarine l The second part of my trip to the Bellarine Peninsula was so amazingly good – we were treated to a wine tasting and lunch at The House of Jack Rabbit. Leeyong, Iolanthe and I met up with Sarah W and Sarah K – and even though the call of wine was pretty strong, we first had to take in the views. Look at this! After a car trip they were even more appreciated. And I think Victoria's coast looks even better in Autumn and winter. Beautiful! jack-rabbit-bellarine a jack-rabbit-bellarine c If you look really closely (ok, you'll have to lean in and quint a bit) you can see the city of Melbourne. We were blessed with a clear day, and could see the skyscrapers rising from the mist, like they were wearing woolly knee high socks. jack-rabbit-bellarine d And we had to admire the helicopter. Now this is how I'd like to travel! It does trips between the city and the winery. Leeyong and I watched it take off. The pilot spent a good while revving, or whatever it is that helicopters do to get going... jack-rabbit-bellarine e ... and then all of a sudden he was off. It was so quick! jack-rabbit-bellarine g Beautiful Sarahs K and W. I had what has to be my favourite wine tasting ever. We were lucky enough to have the owner talk us through the wines, and she was so lovely and hospitable and very knowledgeable – it was a real treat. I liked the Shiraz the best. It tasted really oaky and yummy. jack-rabbit-bellarine i So I had a whole glass with my lunch. We were seated outside, with a view over the bay. There was a clear plastic wind breaker, too, so we got the warmth and the sunshine without the pesky breezes – score! Although sitting back in the warm glow and of the sun and the wine made us sleepy kitties..! jack-rabbit-bellarine h Beautiful Iolanthe and Leeyong. I love Iolanthe's hair! jack-rabbit-bellarine j I ordered a beef pie. I hardly ever eat red meat so this was a real treat – and it was incredibly good. I wish I could have eaten it all, but it was so hearty and filling and melty and namnamnam. jack-rabbit-bellarine k Nam. jack-rabbit-bellarine m Afterwards, Iolanthe and I waved bye bye to the sheep gamboling in the vineyard (and mowing the grass nature's way, earning their sheepy keep) and jumped back in the car (it's ok, I wasn't driving!) to head to Queenscliff. But after 20 seconds we had to pull over; the light was just so special and beautiful. jack-rabbit-bellarine n We both did some bucolic posing among the trees... and I was so happy I did a shameless selfie in the car! Seriously, this was such a special, wonderful afternoon! jack-rabbit-bellarine o

9 comments:

MarieBayArea said...

Perfect day with your girls. Love the outfit.

Retro Chick said...

Oh wow, what an amazing day!

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

yopu look lovely as always :)

Little Nan said...

You have captured my little piece of the world in the most amazing way....I love living on the Bellarine Peninsula, it truly is beautiful during Autumn.....
have a lovely weekend x

Vickie said...

looks like a beautiful place & you found some gorgeous light :)

thescreensiren.com said...

Absolutely gorgeous pics! It looks so magical!
xx
http://thescreensiren.com

CoriLynn said...

What a lovely perfect day with your friends! Wine tasting is the best! Especially if you don't have to be the driver! ;)
~xoxo, CoriLynn

Margarita Bloom said...

I just love these posts. You have such fun outings. :)

Regina @ Margarita Bloom
Retro Skincare & Bath
http://margaritabloom-glamourville.blogspot.com/

Jessica Cangiano said...

Such a serenely beautiful location - the warm autumn light swirling through these shots is magnificent.

♥ Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...