Saturday, 8 June 2013

pale pink, mustard and deep green ivy

Winter-walk-vintage-pink-mustard f On Friday I was up before the sparrows and had been down to the mountains (the Dandenong Ranegs) – or at least very near them – and was back in the city by 9am. John and I enjoyed a short walk through the Treasury Gardens (or was it the Fitzroy Gardens? They're so close) as it was on his way to work. We lapped up the cool air but it is still pretty mild here in Melbourne. It often is at the beginning of winter, so I'm making the most of it before it gets properly cold! Winter-walk-vintage-pink-mustard a Because we'd had some sunshine I had summery-ness in mind and wore a pale pink and mustard combo, part two – this time with a vintage pale pink dress and mustard tights. And, finally, closed toe shoes! Great timing, really, as it started to rain – so much for our summery winter! Not that I am complaining. It's the best like this! Winter-walk-vintage-pink-mustard b I will never get tired of seeing the golden brown leaves amongst all the green. Autumn in Melbourne is so different from its London counterpart, and while I'll always miss England's seasons, seeing Melbourne's ones makes me happy, too. Winter-walk-vintage-pink-mustard c And Melbourne can definitely do pretty. I love the glossy, high contrast look of things in the rain. Winter-walk-vintage-pink-mustard e And the city parks are beautiful! I love the plush Christmas tree convention happening here... Winter-walk-vintage-pink-mustard d .. and the ivy clambering along the paths to have a look. Winter-walk-vintage-pink-mustard g The walk was the best interruption to a looooong drive. And now I want to go to the mountains for longer! Winter-walk-vintage-pink-mustard h Winter-walk-vintage-pink-mustard i

13 comments:

Blithely Unaware said...

What a beautiful photo essay of our gorgeous city at her Autumn/winter best.

Stunning photos and a beautiful outfit.

xox

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

I have been away from the blogging world for months now and one of the things I have missed is reading your posts. I swooned when I saw the picture of your mustard tights on your Instagram. Sounds like you had a very early start to the day! Yes, it is getting quite chilly and I'm afraid I don't have many warm clothes for the winter months. :D

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

MarieBayArea said...

Very cool photos.

tash2494 said...

Yes yes! The Dandenongs are great!

Lara Tura said...

ahhh the calm before the freezing for the next couple of months! Such a beautiful city, Melbourne! I can't wait to come and visit in September! Hopefully the weather is kinder then!
AHKA VINTAGE BLOG

Sammi said...

Love your hair here, and the pink dress is so lovely. And I adore that bag! Great photos, as always.

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Angela said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time, and you look great! :) I love the dress and bag!

Mélodie Nicolle said...

This dress is really beautiful, the color is the prettiest pink ever!
Love it!
xoxo
Melodie
http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

elke said...

you re so pretty... and your photo s are great! you have such a good sense of beauty. it s always balanced...

Miss Maple said...

Mustard tights! How beautiful and extraordinary!

Jessica Cangiano said...

How splendidly lovely! I just adore the dark, warm mustard tights partnered with pale hued shoes. It feels fresh and timeless in the same go, and is certainly a style idea I'll be tucking away for when the cooler months return here again.

♥ Jessica

Purple Ivy said...

Hello Marianne,

I'm fast becoming a vintage lover so found your blog browsing online. Love your blog and style-following and look forward to reading your future posts.

xoxo
Ivy
http://www.purrpleivy.com/

Nella Fragola said...

Mustard! My favorite color!
Gorgeous photos ♥♥

Nella Fragola

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...