Wednesday, 26 June 2013

peachy keen

peachy keen e
Ok, I promise it has been cold in Melbourne lately – but not last Saturday. Coldish in the shade, yes, but in the sun it was warm enough to go coat free. I swear, this won't last, so I'm just making the most of it while I can! If it helps, it was freezing this morning, my car's door was frozen shut and I needed to pour water over the windscreen a few times to get the ice off, so it really is chilly here..!

But back to Saturday. I wore my vintage peach quilted skirt with matching peach tights, my new vintage cream cardigan with the sequins and beading that is absolutely different from my vintage cream cardigan with just the sequins and the one with just the beading, and posed awkwardly in the very bright mid afternoon sun. I also wore last winter's favourites, my rust orange platforms, because they are so comfortable and I am being kind to my sad ankle. Peach is a funny colour to wear and to match with. I think olive green would be nice, and French racing car blue, too. Would olive green tights make me look like a frog, though? These are the questions we must ask ourselves. I'll leave you with that one. Happy Wednesday to you!

peachy keen b peachy keen d

13 comments:

MarieBayArea said...

Pretty as a peach

Rachael // The Paraders said...

Your cardigan is just darling!

xx
Rachael
THE PARADERS

Anonymous said...

I think peach would look cute with soft pink?

Jessica Cangiano said...

So terrifically pretty - you have me yearning suddenly for a cold day again so that I can bring out my beloved black quilted circle skirt, too (it doesn't work quite as well when the temps are above +30C, as I'm sure you can relate to in balmy Australia).

♥ Jessica

Elif said...

Beautiful as always :)

Carolyn said...

Aw Marianne, you look so beautiful!

Helen Le Caplain said...

Lovely little outfit you've put together there.

Those wedges are gorgeous *want* :)

www.mancunianvintage.com

Sarah said...

This is such a pretty outfit x

voguerka said...

Hey pretty girl! I've just found your lovely blog searching through Dhalia's store pages.I love yourvintage style :) So unique! Can't wait to see more! I'd be happy if you could check out my blog and tell me what you think of it! Kisses from Poland :)

http://voguerka.blogspot.com
http://facebook.com/voguerka

Mabel said...

You have the best vintage cardigan collection.

You very well might look like a frog in olive green tights, but you could probably pull it off :)

Mabel
Life of Mabel

Hannah said...

You look so dreamy, these snaps remind of Virgin Suicidesx

Tara Rice said...

You could NEVER look like a frog, only the princess

Angela said...

Love the outfit! You look wonderfull!

xx Angela @ Art of being weird

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...