Sunday, 23 June 2013

sundays, palm trees, snuggly cardigans and bike rides

bikes colourful
Happy Sunday! Definitely one of the best days of the week. I saw these bikes last weekend and they inspired me to hop on my vintage raleigh, my super heavy and super awesome vintage ladies' bike, and go for a ride in the cold sunshine. It had been a while but I need to get back on the (metal) horse and do this a lot more often.

Oh, and yes, I wear a helmet for it (it's the law in Melbourne) and big hair doesn't fit, but that's ok! It still feels good to ride along the bike paths near my house, past the palm trees and train tracks, and look back at the city when I am at the top of the hill. And then to zoom all the way back down. Neeeeoooooooow!

esme-bike-ride-d esme-bike-ride-a esme-bike-ride-e esme-bike-ride-b

11 comments:

Elif said...

Oh now I'm curious of how your bike is! Anyways I need to get me one soon :)

Elif said...

Now I'm curious of how your bike is because you're so vintage and all :)

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

looks like fun! I haven't ridden a bike in ages and was fantasizing about it just the other day

Bea W. said...

I love, love, love cycling so much. I have a roadbike and a pretty lady cruiser and love them both so much. I always wear a helmet on the roadbike...the speed that thing goes up to sometimes.
However on the pretty one, I don't always wear one. I love dressing up and doing my hair when I go out on her and like you said, the helmet doesn't collaborate with big hair ;-(
I like your little side swept pin curl though. That's a good compromise.
Happy bike riding!!!

Tara Rice said...

Oh you look as glamorous as ever in your helmet. I love my bike too, you've inspired me to get back on it now that we're having the odd sunny day over here in good old Blighty x

Mabel said...

You make wearing a bike helmet cool.

Mabel
Life of Mabel

Teresa said...

Yay for riding!
The week long of rain was making me sad for my lack of riding but the recent sunshine was perfect for cycle.

I have a glittery helmet :D

esme and the laneway said...

‪Elif‬ : it's cream and very nice!


‪Natalie_vintage_girl‬ : it can be so hard to get out and actually do it, can't it! But it's a joy every time :)


‪Bea W.‬ thanks! Oh I totally understand not wearing a helmet on the cruiser... it must be so nice!


‪Tara Rice‬ haha the helmet?! ;D Glad you're inspired to go for a ride and I hope you get lots more sunshine!


‪Mabel‬ : hehehehe hmmmmmm ! ;D



‪Teresa‬ : when the sun shines this has been perfect riding weather :D A glittery helmet? That is AWESOME!

Missy Piggy said...

You even look stylish in a stack hat! So unfair! I need to get my bike out of the garage and go for a ride too...it's been about 6 months.

MarieBayArea said...

You look adorable in your bike helmet. Love those palm trees.

Jessica Cangiano said...

If anyone has ever looked cuter or more stylish while wearing a bike helmet, I've yet to see it!

♥ Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...