Saturday, 1 June 2013

vintage roses

vintage-roses-dress a Today is the first day of winter and it is absolutely bucketing down with rain, but I got a new vintage sundress and couldn't wait to show it. It is a vintage cotton pique dress with a pink rose print. I love it! vintage-roses-dress b Can I wear it before spring? I think I can give it a good try. Even if I do have to have the lamp on in the daytime at the moment, because it is so dark! vintage-roses-dress c I think that seeing as we have sundress weather from around November to April, plenty of sundresses is a good thing. And this one reminds me of the blue hydrangea one I love so much... tres pleased! And although it will be ideal for walking barefoot on warm grass, I think it will be almost as good on cold, pale winter mornings, with a cardigan and a coat (obviously) and closed toe shoes – which, by the way, I have finally procured... and will wear tomorrow! vintage-roses-dress d

15 comments:

Elisa said...

The roses are beautiful! What a great find! I think it is suitable for any time of year. It's all in how you wear it ;-)

Laura said...

the dress is so pretty! x

Chloe said...

What pretty dress! Very cute!

Anna - Nie jestem Modna said...

pretty dress

Teresa said...

The rain is wonderful isn't it?! :)

I adore cotton pique dresses and the pink florals on yours are gorgeous! Definitely worthy of a wear before it gets too cold. x

Margarita Bloom said...

Oh my gosh....SO in love with that dress. It's really beautiful.

Regina @ Margarita Bloom
Retro Skincare & Bath
http://margaritabloom-glamourville.blogspot.com/

CoriLynn said...

Beautiful dress!! So hard to wait for Spring! ;)
~xoxo, CoriLynn

MarieBayArea said...

Swoon...

Jessica Cangiano said...

Romantically beautiful frock! There's a wee little rose garden here down near one of our town's two lakes (with a docked vintage paddlewheeler boat just off to the right side on the nearby beach), which I know would make for such a splendid backdrop for a shot featuring this dress. If only we weren't on opposite sides of the world, I just know you'd adore this charming garden (no matter what you were sporting :)).

♥ Jessica

Rebecca Jane said...

That dress is BEAUTIFUL. I love love love the print.

Debs said...

Fabulous dress! And just in time for Winter? I can't wait to see you in Springtime shots :)

Aurè said...

Thanks for sharing...so Gorgeous dress!
xoxo

Marzipan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Retro Chick said...

That's beautiful. I love that print and the shape!

Jennifer said...

Delurking because I have to say I am so jealous! That dress is gorgeous. I think you can get away with it in winter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...