Monday, 17 June 2013

woods, moutains, sunsets and vintage capes

mountain cape f After a very early start and a drive through the dawn down near the mountains, I'd been really keen to get to the mountains proper. Just for a day trip! And last Monday, a public holiday here, we did it. It was a beautifully crisp, sunny day – perfect! mountain cape v We drove up and up through through the forests. People were making the most of the still, cool weather and burning off, so the air smelled of wood fires. Is there a better smell in winter? I really don't think so! It was so relaxing after some busy weeks. Sometimes I dream about packing up my city life and going to live in the country. mountain cape t mountain cape p The trees are really tall. mountain cape u Sometimes it's quite lush, and sometimes it's stark – Victorian bush is so varied. And so different to what I grew up with in England, where it was all rolling green hills and hedges and creamy dots of sheep. mountain cape o The light shining through the woods is otherworldly. mountain cape b We found our spot and admired the scenery. This sap really is bright red! mountain cape d I wore a vintage brown dress and my vintage olive green cape. I love my cape soooo much; I'd been looking for one for well over a year and I'm so chuffed to finally have one at long last! It is lined in shot coppery fabric that shimmers in the light. And it's so, so warm! mountain cape e And this stuff is nature's barbed wire. Very clever of nature but it's not good to let it brish past your knees when they are only protected with tights. Sharp! mountain cape h Some posing for the future. mountain cape g And some twirling because, well, my cape twirls and I like it. mountain cape c mountain cape i Looking impish with a tree. Check. mountain cape l And really enjoying the space, the countryside, and the fresh air. mountain cape m So much so I did it twice. All those years of ballet were worth it, then! mountain cape j Little tiny mushrooms complementing things rather perfectly. Nice work, tiny mushrooms! I'd love to go mushroom picking one year, and learn which ones are edible. mountain cape k And then as the sun juuuuust started to go down it was time to go home, through a glowing, drawn out sunset. Blissful days off. More please! mountain cape w mountain cape a mountain cape s mountain cape r

28 comments:

elke said...

you look stunning! and it looks such a lovely wintertime. your pictures inspire me (not to like winter more, but to take more myself :-))
we're getting 25C today and wednesday it's going to be in the 30sC... :-)

Helen Le Caplain said...

Gorgeous cape - and I love those leaping shots!

www.mancunianvintage.com

esme and the laneway said...

elke : yeye it's going to be warm for you! <3

Helen Le Caplain : they were fun! :D

MarieBayArea said...

Blissful days off look stellar on you.

Melanie D said...

I've always wanted a gorgeous vintage cape - they're so versatile! I also went on a little country trip only a few days ago and it definitely made me want to pack up and move to the country. It's so beautiful, especially in winter when you can see smoke coming from cottage chimneys. Lovely photos :)

Melanie
Editor of Whim Online Magazine
www.whimonline.blogspot.com.au

Elyce Sandri said...

Where in Victoria is this? I have not been out into the country for a while and I am dying for some free air (dont get me wrong, I love the city, but some country air is always good) Looks so beautiful :)

Retro Chick said...

That looks like an amazing place! I am quite intrigued by how you jump so high!

Lucy In The Sky said...

Aren't Australian forests beautiful? I think they have an eerie quality to them, especially when the sun is setting and the burnt orange of the sky beams through the trees which are so tall. How nice that your little trip was accompanied by the smell of people burning off. I love that smell.
I'm loving your outfit - it is one of my favourites of yours so far and that cape is fantastic!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Really, really magnificent set of shots. The dramatic blend of light and shadows is pure magic in these enchantingly lovely winter images.

♥ Jessica

garofit said...

Such a cool colour combination you are wearing, and I love vintage capes though generally tens to go or earlier styles myself. very stylish!

Vickie said...

how gorgeous, what a wonderful way to spend the day :)

also, I love your cape!

sarah elena said...

beautiful! i envy you so much for your lovely clothes :) x

Laura said...

you're adorable:-) and i love the cape! x

Aloysia Adinda Nareswari said...

beautiful pictures! makes me wanna go there!

http://dindaloysia.blogspot.com

Sally said...

OH THE COLOURS.

Autumn is the best time of year, :) xxx

Katie A said...

You make me look at my home town through fresh eyes - thank you!

Clare Kolat said...

I love your colors. Mustard is one of my favorite colors. I swear it goes with everything. You look so cute. You have some serious jumping skills by the way!

CoriLynn said...

Just beautiful!

Claudia said...

Nice autumnal hues!
It's amazing how much you look like Michelle Williams from 'My Week with Marilyn' I think it's the light and curly hair, I absolutely love it.

Claudia

artofbeingweird said...

It look so pretty there! So lovely!

Stefanie said...

Wow These photos are oh so beautiful, and they all have my favourite warms colours, oh the smell of burning wood is my absolute favourite. In the summer it reminds me of night sitting by the camp fire and in the Winter it just make you feel all warm and cozy. <3 That first photo you look so immensely beautiful. :)

Rachel // Mousevox said...

What a magical looking place. Your cape is glorious!

Debs said...

What a lovely Day :)
That cape is just adorable and the colour really brings out the blue in your eyes.
The boots I bought from you about a year or so ago still get lots of comments :)

Sleekit said...

Such a beautiful shoot Marianne x

Sleekit x

esme and the laneway said...

‪MarieBayArea‬ : :D they suit everyone!


‪Melanie D‬ : isn't it the nicest dream! Oh to live there in the woods in winter...


‪Elyce Sandri‬ It's in the North East, past Hurstbridge, St Andrews etc... it didn't take too long at all to drive there :)


‪Retro Chick‬ : haha I'm surprisingly athletic and was a tomboy, but don't tell anyone ;D



‪Lucy In The Sky‬ thanks! Oh the forests are definitely so special, and yes, eerie! So... prehistoric. I wish I could take better alndscape photos. Maybe something to look into when I get my DSLR back.


‪Jessica Cangiano‬ thank you <3



‪garofit‬ : thanks! Is that a velvet cape I spy in your photo? It looks beautiful!


‪Vickie‬ : thanks! It was such a good day, they always go too quickly don't they :)


‪sarah elena‬ : haha but there's always more good things out there though!


‪Laura‬ : <3


‪Aloysia Adinda Nareswari‬ : thanks! :D


‪Sally‬ : it SO IS! :D


‪Katie A‬ : my pleasure, that's the nicest compliment! It's what I want to do :)


‪Clare Kolat‬ haha I am a jumpy lively lady! Yes, mustard is an all time favourite of mine too. It's just so appealing for some reason!


‪CoriLynn‬ : <3


‪Claudia‬ : wow thanks, mega nice!


‪artofbeingweird‬ : it was so beautiful!


‪Stefanie‬ : you've put it perfectly :) x



‪Rachel // Mousevox‬ : thank you!


‪Debs‬ : thanks! Oh, wow, cool! :D



‪Sleekit‬ : thanks Miss M! x

Amanda M. said...

Your coat and cape collection is amazing! Also your photographs are reminding me of how beautiful fall is.

Sarah said...

What a beautiful place, I just love your photos and as for that cape - amazing! x

Vanessa said...

That cape is gorgeous! I would love one of those to add to my winter wardrobe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...