Wednesday, 31 July 2013

a vintage dress, a turban, a pair of vintage gloves, and... a deer

1940s-turban-style a Last Friday evening I went to see a burlesque show with John, Trish and Gareth, and it was fun – feathers and sequins and glitter.

I had just had my hair cut and completely miss-timed washing and setting for the evening (I HAVE to wash my hair after it's been cut, otherwise I'm covered in all the little snipped-off ends and it's tickly and yuck) and so I whipped out my turban. This bronze vintage turban worked perfectly with my muted mustard 1940's dress and those almost cinnamon coloured vintage gloves – it was all very Autumnal hued, can you tell I am excited to be a red head?! – and my leopard print shoes from a few posts ago, on their first outing.

I couldn't get a proper outfit photo as I was still grappling with some new camera settings (looong, dulllll story) (I'll spare you!) but I did pretend to be a deer under the strong overhead light! I was initially going to do some graceful hand-y thing but decided to make antlers instead. Of course, I would have LOVED to have been able to find my vintage dress clips as a bit of sparkle on the turban would have been a nice touch (and a great way to keep it in place) but they seem to be having a little holiday somewhere in my house... I hope they are having a lovely time and will come back soon!

32 comments:

mary van note said...

Love this look! Turbans are great, yours is perfect with this ensemble.

The serial shopper said...

simply gorgeous!

xx
M

Lara Tura said...

Looking forward to the outfit post! How do you pull off the all-one-colour-vintage look! I can't seem to get it!
AHKA VINTAGE BLOG
Sign up for special AHKA store priviledges

Anonymous said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Esaay said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

BaronessVonVintage said...

WOW!! This looks just like a John Rawlings photo from the 40s. Amazing.

missfairchildscharmschool said...

LOVE IT!

Teer Wayde said...

Absolutely perfect! Can you not be so pretty miss? Give us a chance :)

MarieBayArea said...

This look just thrills me!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Ravishing, utterly ravishing, dear gal You look as though you just stepped off of the chic cover of a 1940s Vogue or Harper's cover.

♥ Jessica

Vintage Girl said...

Lovely and very classy!

esme and the laneway said...

‪mary van note‬ : thanks!
‪The serial shopper‬ : <3


‪Lara Tura‬ : all about tone...


‪Esaay‬ thank YOU <3


‪BaronessVonVintage‬ : haha that would be nice!


‪missfairchildscharmschool‬ : :D


‪Teer Wayde‬ : haha coming from you, most beautifulist lady?! :D x


‪MarieBayArea‬ : x


‪Jessica Cangiano‬ : how kind! Wouldn't that be fun too!


‪Vintage Girl‬ : thanks :)

Anonymous said...

I'm loving these colours on you! You really are beyond stunning! That lip colour is gorgeous, too.
Sophie xx

Helen Mae said...

This is a lovely shot, you pull off the turban so well!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Marvellous x

Vanessa said...

I love this look so, so much!

Aimée / The Lost Girl said...

ahh amazing! I love it! I can't wait for autumn and winter!


Aimée x
http://www.xthelostgirl.blogspot.co.uk/

Incendiary Blonde said...

I adore this look on you, and I loooooove the colours!

Alli said...

Stunning! That turban look definitely suits you. And with the dress, gloves, and amazing makeup......DIVINE!! :)

Mélodie Nicolle said...

You look absolutely stunning, and this turban is gorgeous! Also love the colors!
Love
Melodie
http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

lorenabr said...

Lovely :)
http://balearaitzart.blogspot.com.au/

Amy McLarty said...

You look freaking amazing in a turban.

Love, Amy

Hannah said...

This is such a breath taking shot, you look divine! xxx

Miss Maple said...

Great colour from head to toe. I hope we'll see the complete outfit with the leopard print shoes some day.

Honey P said...

Love the turban... So retro <3

http://la-foienvous.blogspot.com/

Anna Wallace said...

oh my, this is too glam for words.

Rachel // Mousevox said...

Your hair and pretty lipstick look so great against this mustard on mustard ensemble!

Melissa B. said...

Wonderful colors! I love your ginger hair.

Pinky Honey said...

Marianne,
Your bronze vintage turban is a dream! Love the pose, also! :D
Gloves are so glamorous!

Marija

Mabel said...

I have unfortunately seen a real deer in the headlights while driving and it was definitely not as fab looking as you! (Both the deer and I avoided colliding with one another, but it was very scary indeed)!

Mabel
Life of Mabel

look see (naomi) said...

(This photo is awesome!) xx

IrishRedRose said...

One of your best photos ever, I believe. Stunning.

After years of reading your blog, I finally realized who you remind me of. Gene Tierney:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkwQnb5nLNhPVr14MFLZhuMsHVMJW2n7kTC5pWN3FzlSp2DGsVLA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...