Wednesday, 10 July 2013

bike rides, stripes, and vintage mustard velvet

mustard-velvet j Saturday: a bike ride, a breakfast, and vintage cape. A vintage mustard yellow dress. And stripes! mustard-velvet a mustard-velvet b mustard-velvet e I finally got to wear my cape on a bike ride and it was aaaaamaaaaaazing. So warm. And it makes the best shadows on the ground as I zoom along, feeling like a happy witch on a broomstick. Cackle! mustard-velvet f Because I now have metal pedals, I ride in Dunlops, and then put my shoes on when I get to my destination. I can also take my helmet off and pose with my pretty vintage ladies' bike. mustard-velvet h IN my mustard vintage dress. It's a 1950's cheerleaders costume. I love the colour and the fabric, even though it is to long in the bodice for me. mustard-velvet g I was VERY happy it was Saturday! mustard-velvet i And I had some nice coordination going on. Mustard stripe on my stripy top, picking up my golden freckles. Oh, I'm so happy it's July. Bike rides at this time of year are the best! mustard-velvet d

21 comments:

Melanie D said...

Beautiful as always! Love the combination of stripes and mustard :) This post even makes me want to dust off my old bicycle haha

Melanie
Editor of Whim Online Magazine

Alli said...

You make vintage capes, bike helmets, and bikes look super stylish :) . And I was going to say, thank goodness you don't ride in heels. Ouch!

Georgia Rose said...

Ooh I love the dress! I have three 50s cheerleading dresses, but sadly none in velvet.

MarieBayArea said...

Vintage Cheerleader's outfit, Yay!

Sophie Jane said...

A very sweet little adventure. I'm absolutely in love with that dress

Natasha said...

My boyfriend has a bicycle and wants to get me one too, but I'm scared of riding where there are cars. We don't really have space for bicycles on our roads.

Kalaurie Karl-Crooks said...

So in love with your little mustard dress. Mustard is such a fabulous colour x

hiPop said...

WOW, that orange-y lipstick looks so good on you!

http://hypemyhip.blogspot.com/

Strawberry Fields said...

Cycling in a cape and gorgeous heels -I take my (vintage) hat of to you my dear! cycling in style!

Just Dont Tell Anyone said...

hih! :) you look great! and the smoothie looks super yummy! what was the flavour ? :)

cuteNroll said...

amazing outfit!
xoxo

alice c'n'r
http://cutenroll.blogspot.it/

Amy McLarty said...

You look precious!

Love, Amy

Sarah said...

Oh I love the mustard dress, it's such a great colour x

LandGirl1980 said...

I love that cape. I have dreams about it.

Mabel said...

This is a super cool outfit! I would like to go for a bike ride, but I may pass out from the sweltering heat!

Mabel
Life of Mabel

Danielle Hinton said...

That cape is so pretty! I have a small (*ahem,large,ahem*) collection of them myself ;)

Katy said...

I love my bicycle and the weather in the UK has been hot so I've been out and about on my fabby bicycle!

Mélodie Nicolle said...

Oh my, I love this dress and the color is so pretty!! I can see you're having a great time riding that bike! lol
Thanks for sharing these funny moments with us!
xoxo
Melodie
http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

Teresa said...

Such a cute bike riding outfit.

Miss Louise said...

I love everything about this outfit!

Hanna Lee said...

Amazing cape!! Going bike riding is always so much fun :)
www.speakstyleandrock.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...