Monday, 8 July 2013

floral coral and powder blue

coral-powder-blue c Last Friday was a coral and powder blue day! It was a freezing cold day and I decided that this colour combination just had to be done. I've had this little dress for years and years but hadn't worn it for a while. It got forgotten among all the 1950's cotton sundresses. But it is so soft, the coral colour is a favourite of mine and I love the lace collar and the lace up detail, the puff sleeves and the tiny floral print. coral-powder-blue b coral-powder-blue a coral-powder-blue d Of course I needed to wear a coat with it all, and at last it is cold enough to wear my new vintage winter coat. It's so heavy and warm! And it was so needed on Friday night. It feels like wearing the thickest, softest blanket but with arms. coral-powder-blue h coral-powder-blue gcoral-powder-blue f And I am now hiding my regrowth and wore plaits. It felt in keeping with the somewhat The Wicker Man feel going on. I love so much about the 1970s; always have and always will! I went out with John for dinner in the city, and we had the most amazing steak tar-tare of our lives (it came in a smoking jar, which didn't feel gimmicky because the flavour was worth it) and I drank cocktails with ridiculous (the best kind) names. Now I am in the mood for more 1970's film styles – I wonder if I will be able to find my favourite, The Uncanny? coral-powder-blue e


Teresa said...

Super cute and I adore your coat so much!

I have a similar floral 70s dress that gets lost in my closet too… I should bring it out more. :)

Amy McLarty said...

Oh, that dress is just darling.

Love, Amy

stacey* said...

okay, i'm new here.... IS THAT IN YOUR HOUSE?! i'm in love with the pink and yellow and checkered floor <3

Amanda M. said...

I am obsessed with your coat. It's so amazing! Do you know what decade it is from?

MarieBayArea said...

Everything here dazzles!

Alli said...

I SO want those stockings!!!!! What a gorgeous shade! And with the dress it looks super cute :)

Just Dont Tell Anyone said...

oh, you look gorgeous girl! love that dress of yours! love the photos, and the colours! well done you! :)

Lara Tura said...

That coat is out of this world! I'm am so in love with the colour!

ModernVintageStyle said...

Ooh, this is so delectable - the colours are amazing and the style is so light and fun. I cannot believe it's cold there - without the coat, teh colours are all spring and summer! K x

Jessica Cangiano said...

What a jubilant riot of feel good colour - just the thing to send winter blahs packing! You look so very darling (and happy) in these photos, dear gal.

♥ Jessica

Elif said...

Wow your hair looks amazing, its impossible not to be jealous <3

Rosie Martin said...

Love your outfit but the room is AMAZING. Is it your bedroom? It looks like something from an Edward Scissor Hands themed dolls house - so cool : ) Rosie xx

Mélodie Nicolle said...

Pretty pretty pretty!
Love the colors in the clothes and the decor!
Very lovely and full of light!
And I love your hair like this with the braids! ;-)

aquamarina said...

This room looks absolutely gorgeous! Very summery & cheerful :)

LandGirl1980 said...

1) i LOVE the plaits.
2) Never bring that coat to the UK or I shall have it away. Fact.

Amber said...

You look lovely. And what a gorgeous room you're modelling in! Is that your home? Its adorable in any case :)

cuteNroll said...

oh my! this pica are amazing and you look so cute (as always) I really love this color combo!

Alice c'n'r

Mabel said...

You look so whimsical! I've never had steak tar tare. But I've definitely had my share of cocktails with silly names :)

Life of Mabel

Kate Jean said...

Looking the divine glamor puss as always!

Your blog is always a visual delight

Kate Jean xx

Hannah said...

I love your dressing room/closet! It looks like something out of a retro magazine! Holy cannoli, it is so picturesque.

geehawkes said...

you always look so beautiful! those tights are super cute xx

esme and the laneway said...

‪Teresa‬ : thanks! Oh yes, definitely! I bet i'd be amazing on you!

‪Amy McLarty‬ : thanks! I can't believe I forgot how much I do like it! :D

‪stacey*‬ : haha no, if only! That is in Trish Hunter Find's vintage store – isn't it amazing!

‪Amanda M.‬ : thanks – me too! It is 1940s, and made for some serious cold! :D

‪MarieBayArea‬ : so many colours, it made me happy!

‪Alli‬ : thanks! They're actually old, op-shopped (new when I got them, of course!) tights from years and years ago, but I hope to find a pair in a similar colour soon – I do love this blue :)

‪Just Dont Tell Anyone‬ haha thank you!

‪Lara Tura‬ : thanks, me too – I actually look forward to cold days now! :D

‪ModernVintageStyle‬ : I know – so not wintery at all, which was fun :)

‪Jessica Cangiano‬ : thanks! I was – and yes, goodbye to winter blahs, we don't want them :D

‪Elif‬ : thanks, but you should have seen my regrowth, haha!

‪Rosie Martin‬ : it's Trish Hunter's amazing vintage shop (I forgot to link here, there are links in other posts!) and it's amazing. I love your photo btw, amazing jumper!

‪Mélodie Nicolle‬ : thank you! Braids can be a good good thing...

‪aquamarina‬ : so colourful and nice :)

‪LandGirl1980‬ : haha but you would get so much more use from it there!

‪Amber‬ : thanks – my friend Trish Hunter's (who's been in recent posts) vintage shop. It's so good!

‪cuteNroll‬ : thank yoU!

‪Mabel‬ : hehe aren't they the best! The sillier the cocktail the better, as far as I'm concerened.

‪Kate Jean‬ : thank you <3

‪Hannah‬ : if only it was my house, but it's my friend's shop :)

‪geehawkes‬ : thank you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...