Monday, 22 July 2013

rainy friday nights in the city and blurry lights

nights-out b I love going out in winter. Especially at night. I don't mind if it's raining, either. I love how the rain makes the lights blur and sparkle. And I got to enjoy all of this last Friday night, when it rained and rained and poured! John and I went out for drinks and snackies in the city, and then met up with some friends in Fitzroy to see the Gertrude St light projections, which we looked at from the dry comfort of a pub, through steamy, distorting windows. Despite soggy feet, it was wonderful! nights-out a nights-out g nights-out h nights-out i nights-out e nights-out d nights-out k nights-out f nights-out cnights-out j

13 comments:

Debs said...

You make me almost wish it would rain here ;)

elke said...

your hair looks stunning! we're having a heatwave :-) but i don't miss the pouring rain we've been having for months... i love the warm mornings and evenings... :-)

Ms Jelena said...

Love those shots! Melbourne is a beautiful place, I absolutely love it, no matter what season :)

xx


http://ms-jelena.blogspot.com

Daniela said...

love your hairdo on the second picture. red hair suits you so well!

MarieBayArea said...

Lovely photos

Clare Kolat said...

That periwinkle drink is so pretty! What is that? I've never seen a drink that color.

Danielle said...

These photos are stunning! Great work

NelleyKat

lauren, curious constellation said...

This looks like a wonderful evening. Even with all the rain it has a warm and cozy feeling to it.

Old Fashioned Susie said...

OOh looks like a great night out! Great photographs- I too love the drama a bit of rain can give x

TheGirlinOslo said...

Great photos :)

And i really enjoy your blog...
Have a great day

Jene said...

Gorgeous photos! I love the first one.

Jessica Cangiano said...

Wonderful, evocative images. I utterly adore going out during the winter as well, especially during the night (assuming the weather is clear enough to do so safely - one doesn't want to get caught in a blizzard during the middle of the night). I was, hand on my heart, just thinking about that very topic last night (no doubt because we're slogging our way through the dog days of summer right now).

♥ Jessica

Mélodie Nicolle said...

Looks like you had a good evening! And these photos are indeed beautiful with the blurry lights, very nice!
xoxo
Melodie
http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...