Tuesday, 30 July 2013

simple dinners for two: moroccan chicken

morchick m
Sponsored Series by Nuffnang Australia

Ok, it's time for the first of my sponsored Maggi Just for 2 series, a follow on from my post here. This time I chose the Moroccan Chicken. I have an amazing Moroccan Chicken dish that I based on the ingredients from a packet of crisps (don't you judge me!) (they were really nice crisps, and I don't even like crisps) but it takes a while and has loads of ingredients and is something I like to do when I have a bit of time to pootle about in the kitchen. And we don't always have that kind of time (or patience!), especially mid week, so this is something of a speedy alternative. With a lot less ingredients. Easy!

morchick b So, for this, you need:

1. 300g chicken (thigh or breast) chopped. I used skinless thigh fillets, as I find them a bit juicier, and also a bit more risky because I hate the feeling of the end-of-the-bone gristle in my mouth but you take the rough with the smooth
2. 400g tin of tomatoes – I presume this is a regular tin of tomatoes, why would it not be?
3. 130g tin of chick peas, drained (again, presumably the regular size? I didn't check, to be honest!)
4. 1 cup of (20g) baby spinach

The packet also recommended cous cous to serve. I love cous cous and always have some in the pantry, except this time when I actually really needed it for the recipe... so I used brown rice. I promise I eat other grains than brown rice, and I will one day prove it!

morchick g morchick a morchick c morchick f Now, to cook, it's just three easy steps:

1. heat some oil in a medium frying pan and cook the chicken until browned
2. add tomatoes, Maggi recipe base and chick peas, and cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
3. add spinach, stir through, and serve with cous cous (or, erm, brown rice)

morchick j morchick k morchick n All very quick and straightforward. I added a few steps of my own: nothing fancy, I just roasted a zucchini and a capsicum (and remembered not to call them a courgette and a pepper) and added them at the end as I like my veggies. This didn't do any favours to its presentation but on a Monday night, eating from a bowl on the couch is, so often, a wonderful thing. morchick i morchick h I also had a helper who very generously offered to test the chicken to see if it was up to scratch. morchick p And that was it – a super quick and easy dinner perfect for John and me. morchick l
MAGGI Just for 2 - a NEW adult range of tasty recipe bases that are right Just for 2.













7 comments:

Tim said...

looks pretty damn tasty! will have to try this out!

Seems to have got Babycat's seal of approval

Mélodie Nicolle said...

Huummm that looks delicious! I'll try it soon, I love maggi products.

I also have a new recipe up on my blog if you are interested: Chicken& Plums tajine! Hope you'll like it!

Love
Melodie
http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

Jessica Cangiano said...

How wonderfully delicious looking! Zucchini and peppers are one of my favourte veggie pairings in almost any dish.

♥ Jessica

Purple Ivy said...

I love chickpeas so this is right up my alley. What a cute and beautifu cat you got.

xoxo
Ivy
http://www.purrpleivy.com/

esme and the laneway said...

Tim : yep! :D

Mélodie Nicolle : yum that sounds delicious!

Jessica Cangiano : nice! There were no capsicum/peppers here for aaaaaages (bad growing seasons, I think) and it's so nice to have them back :D

Purple Ivy : thanks! Haha yes, Babycat is a delightful cutey but she knows it!

Tara said...

Oh, look at Babycat's little FACE, so adorable! And the recipe looks rather delicious as well!

esme and the laneway said...

Tara : hehe isn't she! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...