Monday, 15 July 2013

vintage finds from the weekend

vintage-cheongsam Happy Monday! I found some great vintage goodies on the weekend, when not really looking. This beautiful vintage cheongsam was a bargain and I love the colour – not that we can see it properly here! It's so hard to photograph shiny fabrics on gloomy afternoons. In real life, it is a beautiful emerald colour, and then at night, in artificial light, it looks like a strong, dark turquoise. I love it! And it will go with my new hair. I think I might have to wear it this weekend!

I also got some vintage scarves on Sunday, on my way home from a late breakfast with friends. A vintage shop I'd been wanting to check out was having a big sale and had boxes of scarves for cheaps. I wish I'd picked up a few more – I love vintage scarves and look forward to wearing these beauties in lots of different ways. The blue one matches several dresses perfectly and I know how I will wear it already! vintage-scarves

7 comments:

xStroutx said...

Fab finds! I'm a sucker for a pretty vintage scarf...

Leah Loverich said...

One can never have too many lady-like silk scarves! Beautiful <3

Mabel said...

I had a dress like that once upon a time! Mine was grey/silvery satin. Come to think of it, I have no idea what ever happened to it. Yours is a gorgeous color and really will suit your new hair!

Mabel
Life of Mabel

vintagefrills said...

What fabulous finds! I love the blue scarf, gorgeous colours xxx

Alice Hunt said...

Love the one with the oranges and reds, so beautiful.

Jessica Cangiano said...

Really pretty finds - I'm trying to grow my vintage scarf collection this year, too. I recently picked up five of them for just $0.20 a piece at a yard sale a few weeks back, which is great start in that direction.

♥ Jessica

MarieBayArea said...

Look at all the pretties!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...