Monday, 26 August 2013

blues, bows and your everyday jump

blue check dress b Hello, and Happy Monday! I hope you had a lovely weekend. I was woken up by beautiful bright sunshine this morning and... I loved it! Can it be that I am getting excited about Spring..?! I think it just might!

So now I will make the most of those winter outfits while I can – although it won't suddenly be hot, of course. I have been enjoying my vintage mid century wool dresses (the Mad Men dresses!) and their bright cosiness. This is actually from the Friday before last (?!) when I wore this blue plaid dress that I've had for a few years now. It had been taken up when it came to me, but I let down the hem at the end of the last summer (when I was SO excited about winter vintage dressing!) and like it even more now. And I love the detail around the waist.

I also found some bow shoe clips, and thought they'd be a nice addition to my cream heels, a good way to give them a little change, seeing as I wear them so much! Do you like them? blue check dress a blue check dress c blue check dress f blue check dress d blue check dress e

16 comments:

Ebone @ California Bluebell said...

Lovely! I agree, the waist detail is so unique. And the shoe clips are so cute :) It's almost like you got a brand new pair of shoes huh?

xoxoxo

Sarah said...

Oh my, that is a wonderful dress!
And it suits you very well!
Love the shoes, when in doubt; put a bow on it ;-) !
You make me long for autumn/fall even more then I already was (I'm Dutch, so summer is still here)!


Sarah
(aka OldeSarah)

Cheray Natalie said...

so cute!
i love the colour of this dress - the perfect shade of blue! the waist detail is stunning too!
if only Melbourne would make its mind up & stay warm already! this morning was so lovely & then the sun went & hid & i froze again...serves me right for attempting to wear a "spring" dress in winter! ;)
Cheray x

Andi B. Goode said...

This dress is perfect! I love the colours with your red hair. And the bows are so adorable (on the dress and on your shoes)!

Pani Krawcowa said...

Loving this blue tartan on you!

Sarah said...

Beautiful! The blue dress looks lovely with your red hair x

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Such a gorgeous dress, beautiful on you :) x

Jessica Cangiano said...

I definitely do! They're equal parts cute and chic - always a massively winning combo in my books. Love this gorgeous vintage plaid dress, too.

♥ Jessica

Just Dont Tell Anyone said...

such a pretty dress of yours! :)

Mélodie Nicolle said...

I love these shoes, so pretty and cute!
Kisses
Melodie
http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

jennifer schmittlin said...

The waist details is perfect! You'd fit right in an episode of Mad Men...Tartan seems to be everywhere this season. Not really my kind of print, but it suits you.

http://angeliquejennifer.blogspot.com

Gracie said...

Fits you like a glove, gorgeous.

Romance Dame said...

What gorgeous vibrant colors, those shoes are amazing! xx

Kym Piez said...

I love this colour, and suspect that you pretty much look great in everything. Cute shoes too. x

ModernVintageStyle said...

Ooh, I love this dress. Just as we look forward to it getting cooler at this end of the world... K x

Lynn Dylan said...

Marianne, that dress is PERFECT, and it is PERFECT on you!!

XOXO
Lynn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...