Tuesday, 27 August 2013

flappers and jazz bands and a gatsby party

gatsby party a Here are some pics from the Gatsby soiree on Saturday. It was at the beautiful Malvern Town Hall, with fancy old cars parked out front – and we were treated to a mild, clear (and wind free!) (!!!) night, which made it all even more special. There were so many beautiful costumes, so many incredible 1920s flappers and gents. I'd love to go again when not needing to cling to the wall (or, in this case, it was John's arm), and maybe with a group of friends so we can get ready and go dancing together. I'd also like to take more photos, but I hate the idea of getting my camera all in people's faces in a bad way. Something to work on and get right! Sooooo glad I went! gatsby party j gatsby party i gatsby party g gatsby party f gatsby party b gatsby party c gatsby party d gatsby party e gatsby party h


MarieBayArea said...

This makes me smile

Amanda Goulder said...

Looks amazing, more photos please and do not forget your own outfit! Think I saw a hint of it on instagram but I want details!

Elke said...

looks so nice :-) i hope you re feeling better by now. everything seems better, looks brighter when you feel good... people dressed so much better back then, didn t they? when did it change and become normal to wear jeans and tshirts or tracksuits all day? but i have off days as well... :-) and like it

Kym Piez said...

What a beautiful night. I can see you had a wonderful time. x

Miss Emmi said...

Ah, boo! I had the date for this written down wrong. I'll have to make the next one.

Sushi said...

Gorgeous photos, it was such a fun night! I think I saw you at one point but didn't recognise you until later because of your hair and makeup! Sorry for not saying hi, you looked amazing as usual x Sushi

The Dainty Dolls House said...

What a beautiful event...everyone looks so dapper...hope you had fun :) x

Lynn Dylan said...

SQUEEEEE!! How fun!!


Amia said...

Absolutely beautiful photos, I wish there were more events like this around me!

E.C. Anderson said...

Ohhhh, how fun! I'd love to go to a party like that, but I feel like I would be too shy! Everyone in the pictures looks lovely though! Taking the pictures in B&W really adds to the feel.

Elyse @ Cuddly as a Cactus

Jessica Cangiano said...

This looks like it was such a toe-tappingly fantastic evening! I hope you're able to go again, too - I love vising events like this (of which there are none in my area) vicariously through my favourite blogs.

♥ Jessica

Debs said...

Know what you mean. I went to a fifties fair on Sunday and was too shy to take the photos I really wanted to take. However these photos are beautiful Marianne. I love your use of black and white.

Sarah said...

Wowee, this looks as magical as I had imagined. (Even better when I imagine you in all your outfitted glory!) I'm glad I'm not the only blogger who feels odd sticking their camera in people's faces. I really want to have awesome candid shots and great outfit pictures when Old HAt get together, but I don't really have the skill and I feel almost invasive jumping in with my camera... I wonder if there is a solution to this, beyond confidence?

Teresa said...

Oooh! This looks like so much fun!

Carolyn said...

This looks AMAZING?!?!
Totally wish I could have gone.

Mélodie Nicolle said...

Absolutely fantastic girl! I wish I could have been there too!

esme and the laneway said...

‪MarieBayArea‬ : :)

‪Amanda Goulder‬ : hehe thanks, I almost didn;t want to post more pics of me for some reason but I'm glad I did!

‪Elke‬ : thanks, I somehow feel worse(!) but should be all good soon :) I would love it if we all dressed up for things more now, but then, it's complaicated..!

‪Kym Piez‬ : <3

‪Miss Emmi‬ : boo! yes, next one :)

‪Sushi‬ : thanks, I thought I saw you too but wasn't sure if it was you! The power of costumes, right!

‪The Dainty Dolls House‬ : everyone looked so good!

‪Lynn Dylan‬ : :) yes, I should do it more often!

‪Amia‬ : we are lucky to have this one! :)

‪E.C. Anderson‬: thanks – I think lots of people are shy at these things too, it's ok :)

‪Jessica Cangiano‬ : same!

‪Debs‬ : thank you – ah, to be less shy with the camera, but without being annoying! It's not easy..!

‪Sarah‬ : I don't know, I thnk it is soooo hard to not be invasive. Whenever I see someone taking photos at, say, restaurants (of the crowd, not just their food) it makes me feel uncomfortable and I don't want to do that to other people. I guess I should just ask?

‪Teresa‬ : :) yes!

‪Carolyn‬ : next time?

‪Mélodie Nicolle‬ : <3

look see (naomi) said...

Oh my goodness. This looks wonderful! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...