Friday, 2 August 2013

golden vintage dress and feline approval

gold dress e I finally did the hem on the golden vintage dress I found at a sort-of-second-hand-sort-of-op-shop place a few weeks ago, and then washed it and ironed it all into place. The skirt had been chopped and it was all a bit wrinkly, but I love the colour and of course the style. Now it is good to go, and I just need a place to wear it to! And Babycat is rather fond of it too! gold dress f gold dress d gold dress bgold dress a


Lynn Dylan said...

Marianne, lovely!! You are always the vision of loveliness -- your beautiful fresh face and perfect dresses! Ahhh. I value your opinion on vintage clothing, and was wondering if you have a chance, could you peep in at a post and help me date a vintage gown?

Thanks you ever so much!
of Dylan's Dress
and A Mother's Journal

The Long & Winding Bobbin said...

What a lovely colour!

Alli said...

I LOVE your new hair colour! So vibrant and fresh. Very pretty :)
And your dress is super cute! (Hopefully not covered in too much cat hair now.....cheeky Babycat, lol :) )

MarieBayArea said...


Kristel Klear said...

Amazing dress! And you look stunning in it. Fits well with your haircolor.

BaronessVonVintage said...

The colour of your dress and your hair look really really great!

Elif said...

This color looks very good on you! <3

Anna-Nathalie said...

Such a cute dress and pretty golden hair! :)

beate grigutsch said...

great color!
you did a good job rescueing this beauty of a dress.
love the fluffy picture with babycat :-)

Natasha said...

I also have a golden dress that I need to fix up :) Mine not vintage, but it's secondhand. I got it at a market in Thailand. I bought new button for it and all I need to do is seam the sleeves because they were too small before.

Jessica Cangiano said...

How could Babycat or any cat - or human - not be fond of it? This marvelous Midas approved dress really is so splendidly pretty and cheerful!

♥ Jessica

Catherine Summers said...

Marianne the dress is such a gorrrrrrrgeous colour - and you've made it the perfect length! It also looks totally WOW with your hair colour (I do like it this colour). What a great find, you look just beautiful :)

Catherine x

Anna said...

Beautiful dress!

Miss Fairchild said...

what a fabulous dress!

Mabel said...

Ohh this dress is so dreamy! Did you finish the hem yourself? If so, great job!

Babycat is so big and cute! She seems to be the same size (and as fluffy) as my kitty, Bagel. Together, they could really do a number on our homes with their hair!

Life of Mabel

Lauren said...

Very sweet dress!! I also thoroughly enjoy it when Babycat makes an appearance :)

Lauren x

Elyse said...

Ahhhh... you look so lovely as always! So many bloggers have been wearing gold and mustard colored things in the past few days. It's my very favorite clothing color!

Josefina said...

this dress is everything I adore about dresses. simple but fancy enough to brighten up even the gloomiest day. love it!

look see (naomi) said...

Fabulous dress! And I love Babycat's contribution too! xx

Mélodie Nicolle said...

Again these are so beautiful photos, and you look simply stunning, you always have such a fantastic glow on every photo! And the color of that dress is gorgeous!
P.S: I just love cat bombing photos! So cute "I want to play too!"

Toni-Louise said...

Goodness me that is one gorgeous dress! You look beautiful. :) xx

esme and the laneway said...

‪Lynn Dylan‬ : done :) x

‪The Long & Winding Bobbin‬ : yes, I am really chuffed with it! Hard to photograph it though...

‪Alli‬ : hehe Ithink everything I have is covered in her fluff! Thanks – the hair colour is ever changing at, and I look forward to it settling! :)

‪MarieBayArea‬ : Yes! :D

‪Kristel Klear‬ : thanks :)

‪BaronessVonVintage‬ : thanks – I love yellows etc with ginger hair :)

‪Elif‬ : thank you x

‪Anna-Nathalie‬ s: <3

‪beate grigutsch‬ : thanks – it wasn't a big rescue, but I'm glad I found it!

‪Natasha‬ : it's funny how these small changes can take us a while to get round to, isn't it!

‪Jessica Cangiano‬ : hehe love it, Midas approved!

‪Catherine Summers‬ : thanks Catherine – I didn't have much choice in the length (well, shorter, but that wouldn't be good!) and I am really enjoying ginger hair! :)

‪Anna‬ : thank you x

‪Miss Fairchild‬ : thanks!

‪Mabel‬ : I did – not a big job, thank goodness. Oh, can you imagine double the kitty fur! :D

‪Lauren‬ : she seems to love doing it!

‪Elyse‬ : I think mustard been THE colour of blogland for as long as I can remember! :) And rust. Yep!

‪Josefina‬ : thanks :) I love how simple it is, too – no prints!

‪look see (naomi)‬ : heheh thanks :)

‪Mélodie Nicolle‬ : hehe she does! The pics were a bit underexposed (by mistake) which adds to the glow, maybe! :D

‪Toni-Louise‬ : thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...