Thursday, 15 August 2013

red and green and a friendly little cat

red and green c We had an unexpected (well, for me) sunny Saturday in Melbourne and it was warm. Unlike many others, I'm not ready for Spring – no, no, not yet! – but I will admit that it was pretty nice to feel that warm sun on my skin. I took the chance to wear my vintage rayon print dress, a late 1930's green, red, black and white floral print that I love, and like to wear with my ginger locks. I find I like to wear vintage rayon before it gets warm, so I must make a note to wear them early in Spring – when it does arrive!

I loved how the tiny cat came along and joined me for some photos. Meow! red and green a red and green b red and green d red and green gred and green f red and green k red and green j red and green i cat-pat red and green l

19 comments:

Megan said...

What a lovely dress!!! And I'm convinced most things in life are made better by cats. :)

Jessie Couberly said...

You're so pretty!! Love your style!

http://poorjessieann6.wordpress.com/

Krista Blanks said...

So pretty! x

Pinky Honey said...

Marianne,
The rayon print dress has a nice design. I like how the flowers on the dress don' overpower the green color of the background.
The kitty is gorgeous!

Marija
(from http://ruzicastapinkidusica.blogspot.com/)

Just Dont Tell Anyone said...

gorgeous you! and your dress is amazingly pretty! love the colours! looks like a very spring outfit :P !

Vicky said...

you look just too lovel. and love the gif! <3

ModernVintageStyle said...

The dress does go fabulously well with your hair. K x

Ulrikke said...

I love your dress!

E.C. Anderson said...

So springy!! Interestingly enough, it randomly got cold here (east coast of the United States) even though it's still summer. Maybe our hemispheres are confused!

http://cuddlyasacactus.wordpress.com/

Mabel said...

Aww what a pretty dress! I love the floral print and your cardigan collection impresses me every time! The kitty is very sweet and cute :)

I know you're having warmer weather, but does it ever snow in Melbourne? I guess I could just as easily Google that!

Mabel
Life of Mabel

Becky said...

What a beautiful dress!

Helen Mae said...

Beautiful :) I love the gif of you petting the cat.

Miss Maple said...

What a colourful pretty, pretty dress and your ginger hair matches perfectly. I think green is the best colour to wear with ginger hair.

Jessica Cangiano said...

Your are the living embodiment of gorgeous spring time style and loveliness!


♥ Jessica

OrigamiGirl said...

Aw, that cat looks so soft. I love the little gif of you with it.

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Such a pretty dress, love this shade of green :)) xx

Mélodie Nicolle said...

I love this dress, it is absolutely beautiful and the colors are so gorgeous in this light! And where I mostly take my outfit photos, I always find a cat to pose with me (or at least requesting attention for a hug!) it's so fun to do a photoshoot like that!
Have a lovely weekend!
Kisses
Melodie
http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

Alli said...

omg! that dress is soooo cute :) the colour is amazing

Jamie Rose said...

This dress is gorgeous! I love how the green shade looks with your red hair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...