Tuesday, 6 August 2013

simple dinners for two: lemon and thyme chicken

maggi3 a This weekend I did a lot of eating. And a nice bit of cooking – beef bourguignon on Saturday for a friend who came over for dinner, and it was pretty good; slow cooked dinners in winter has to be one of my favourite things. Last night I did the opposite and cooked a quick dinner for John and me, with the Maggi Lemon and Thyme Chicken. It needs just four ingredients: chicken, lite cream, spinach and lemon zest, oh and rice, to serve. I got some white rice and John literally cheered when I told him! maggi3 b maggi3 c I really like spinach. maggi3 d Babycat is a faithful kitchen helper and I always reward her for her generosity.

The ingredients:

1. 300g chicken breast or thigh, sliced (I used skinless thigh fillets)
2. 150mL lite cream
3. 2 cups (40g) baby spinach
4. zest of lemon (we are lucky and get our lemons from the tree in John's mum's garden)

And to make:

1. heat a little oil in a medium frying pan, add the chicken, and cook for 5 minutes or until browned
2. add cream and Maggi Recipe Base to pan, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened (I found it thickened quite quickly)
3. stir through the spinach and lemon zest, and serve with rice.

maggi3 e maggi3 f While the sauce is thickening, I made myself a G&T with a nice lime. maggi3 g maggi3 h maggi3 i And it was really yum. What do you like to eat on Monday nights? maggi3 k maggi3 j
Sponsored Series by Nuffnang Australia
MAGGI Just for 2 - a NEW adult range of tasty recipe bases that are right Just for 2.


Anna-Nathalie said...

Mmmh looks yummy :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

My goodness, does this look tasty! I love easy-peasy meals like this for those nights when you're bushed, but still want something nutritious that you cooked at home yourself. I think Swiss chard would be great, here, instead of along with the spinach, too.

♥ Jessica

Just Dont Tell Anyone said...

oohh! this looks super yummy! I completely forgot about baby spinach! I usually add basil, but spinach will do next time for sure!
Thanks for sharing!

Elyse said...

Looks delicious! I've been on a strict diet for a while now and haven't done any nice cooking as a result-- maybe I'll try this anyway ;D


The Dainty Dolls House said...

It looks super yummy!! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...