Friday, 23 August 2013

special tea, fancy treats and a rainy afternoon in a beautiful historic setting

bursaria x bursaria z bursaria y Happy Friday! Have you got a good weekend coming up? I was meant to be going ice skating tonight but instead will be home with hot tea and – hopefully – chicken soup and giving this earache some very stern marching orders. Perhaps perfect for watching some gritty film noir? I think so!

Let's get looking forward to this weekend by looking back at the last one. Last Sunday (and yes, it was wiiiiiindy!) I had the pleasure of going to A Touch Of... High Tea With A Twist with Bursaria at the Abbottsford Convent. I love the convent and am so chuffed it is open to the public, and I'm always so pleased to see it being used in lots of great ways. It's such a beautiful place in Melbourne, and the buildings and the ground are really special.

I always enjoy a fancy tea. This one was really lovely to look at, and the setting was fantastic, even more so when the rains closed in and it felt all cosy and golden and warm indoors. The food was great, and we were well fed with good, savoury yummy things before the sweet treats were served. A very lovely afternoon. bursaria c bursaria w bursaria t bursaria e bursaria s bursaria r bursaria q bursaria p bursaria n bursaria o bursaria k bursaria f bursaria g bursaria h bursaria i bursaria m bursaria l bursaria j bursaria v bursaria u bursaria d bursaria b bursaria a


Lara Tura said...

Beautiful high tea setting!
Sign up for special AHKA store priviledges

The Dainty Dolls House said...

This looks like a wonderful time. I love going to have tea :)) You look gorgeous. I hope you have a splendid weekend xx

Elke said...

that puts the high in high tea, wright? melbourne seams to have lots of hidden treasures... your picures are inspirational :-) sometimes to take photo's in new ways, or make/find clothes, or try hairstyles... in my own way, cause i don't like to copy :-) but today its definitely food! i just had breakfast and now i seem to need tea :-)

sweet harvest moon said...

How beautiful!

sarah elena said...

such a wonderful setting! and your outfit is great as always :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

Enchantingly gorgeous! I've always been rather partial to rainy days (assuming one doesn't need to be outside during them), and find they lend old homes and buildings an especially beguiling air of mystery and beauty.

♥ Jessica

Amanda Goulder said...

Looks great, the convent is beautiful and have I told you yet that I love you in red hair!?
I know it has been a while, but every time I see you I still get a bit surprised and I love your look!

Mabel said...

This looks so nice! I've never gone to a high tea or any type of tea party, but it looks like such fun. I think there is more emphasis on coffee in the US, though no one has ever thrown a coffee party that I know of. That sounds like it might be fun, too.

Life of Mabel

E.C. Anderson said...

Sorry to hear about your earache! :( Those can be the worst because there's no real way to soothe it while it gets better.

On the bright side, those pictures are downright lovely! All the little treats look delicious!

Elyse @ Cuddly as a Cactus

Aleksandra said...

What a lovely location! It looks very atmospheric. And you look splendid too, off course ;)

Paulette said...

I just discovered your blog through Not Dressed as Lamb. We have so much in common! I love your style aesthetic, and I'm a hairstylist who loves vintage looks. Your hairstyling and makeup ability is off the charts! I've just spent an entire morning perusing your blog. So much delight here. :)

ModernVintageStyle said...

It looks like a wonderful place!

Traveling Cats said...

First time on your beautiful blog. I'm now following along via Bloglovin and looking forward to visiting often.

Amia said...

Lovely photos, I love the lady's costume!


Your smile is perfect!

Teresa said...

I'm yet to visit the Abbottsford Convent and this afternoon tea looks like the perfect way to do so!

esme and the laneway said...

‪The Dainty Dolls House‬ : thanks – I actually have outfit regret but nevermind! ;D TEa is fun, I know it gets knocked a bit because it happens fairly often on blogs but that's because it's nice!

‪Elke‬ : that makes me really happy to read – inspiring is the best compliment! x

‪sweet harvest moon‬ : it was!

‪sarah elena‬ : thanks, that grey coat was a good investment!

‪Jessica Cangiano‬ : definitely!

‪Amanda Goulder‬ : thanks very much! :)

‪Mabel‬ : oh I'd definitely be up for a coffee party! Coffee is HUGE in Melbourne and I think the plan here is to go for a coffee-fuelled brekkie and then a tea-fuelled lunch! :D

‪E.C. Anderson‬ : thanks :) It was easy to take photos as there was so much to look at! :)

‪Aleksandra‬ : thank you :) it really was atmospheric, I like that description x

‪Paulette‬ : gosh thanks very much!

‪ModernVintageStyle‬ : it really is, Melbourne is lucky to have it – let's hope it doesn't get flattened for more bad apartments (Melbourne does this way too much)

‪Traveling Cats‬ : why thank you!

‪Amia‬ : didn't she look amazing! She was taking polaroids of guests I and said no to one (feeling rubbish, didn't need a polaroid of that, hehe) but I instantly regretted it... and polaroids are forgiving, right?! :D

‪THE-LOUDMOUTH‬ : Argh haha no! ;D

‪Teresa‬ : oh, I can't recommend it enough, it's really special. And there is a children's farm... it's like a perfect country spot in the middle of the city! x Maybe when you're next in Melbourne we can make a visit :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...