Friday, 9 August 2013

the shoes of the week: black, pointy heels

black pointy shoes a Happy Friday! Ok, let's talk about... shoes!

For my week of wearing the black and white outfits, I mostly wore one pair of shoes, the black pointy heels. An all time classic, the clean, graphic look of this style complements both full skirts and pencil skirts, and works with just about everything. But... they're so different from what I usually wear. I love a round toe, a bit of a platform, and often there's an ankle strap... just so much easier to walk in!

Pointy toe vs. round toe; it's dividing!

I was surprised to find how much I enjoyed wearing these. I usually hate feeling the ground beneath my feet but I got used to it; I soon stopped wobbling on the skinny heel; and I found I really liked the simplicity of how they looked. Sleek and grown up. On the other hand, sometimes I'd look down and see those super pointy points and just want to soften them off a bit... and I liked to get back up on the platforms, too.

And what about you? Are you for a pointy, or a roundy? black pointy shoes c black pointy shoes b black pointy shoes d


Betty2Tone (Laura) said...

I like the look of pointy more, but I haven't been able to find many pairs that are that comfortable, so round it is!

Missy Piggy said...

I love pointy toe shoes, but often they are toe squishers. I walked past a Clarks store the other day and saw lots of shoes I thought you'd like (or maybe I"m WAY off base).

Amber J said...

I'm actually a big fan of both pointy and roundy! But when it comes to heels, I definitely prefer a platform to a thin heel, it just feels more secure and supportive. As a rule though, I'm a flats girl :)

Sarah said...

I really like how they look on you, so grown-up and sleek! Yet I always veer towards round shoes... strange! Maybe I'll give pointy shoes a second look... x

Pinky Honey said...

Lovely shoes, Marianne.
Since I wear size 40 (European), Australian 7 and 1/2.. wearing pointy shoes would make my feet look ginormous! :D
So: I'm a ROUND shoe kinda girl.

Have a lovely day.

Elke said...

you look so good in all your black and white outfits... so stylish! i choose round and chunky, mainly for comfort :-) and having small children gives me the need for stability and speed :-)

The Dainty Dolls House said...

They are nice. I usually prefer a rounded toe myself, but a pointy one is good for a change :)) These are lovely x

MarieBayArea said...

Round toe. I don't like how pointy toe styles make the feet look longer.

Mabel said...

I'm a pointy gal :)

Life of Mabel

Isabel A. said...

I love how pointy shoes look. But roundy are way more comfortable so I prefer to leave pointies for special occasions.

E.C. Anderson said...

I sure do love the look of pointed-toes, but I can't tear myself away from a round toe! The skinnier heels are tough for me too. I know if I just try, I'll be fine, but.. ahhh.

Selina said...

Round toes all the way! Pointy is scary and look like your feet are scrunched up painfully

Kim Kuppens said...

Hmm.. I'm torn, because to be honest, I normally prefer a round nose and a bit of a platform when it comes to my heels. But I must say that I kinda like the sophisticated look these black pointy shoes have, and after seeing them featured in your blog I noticed that (at the risk of sounding like an enormous copy-cat) I'm keeping an eye out for a pair when I'm shopping. ha! who would have thought? ;)

Jessica Cangiano said...

Round through and through. It doesn't have to be uber round per se, but given that I dress almost exclusively in looks from the 40s and 50s, round toes just seem to compliment most of my outfits from those decades so much better. That isn't to say I dislike or have never worn pointy toes, I do like and I have worn them, just that nearly all the shoes in my wardrobe these days have at least somewhat round toes.

♥ Jessica

Sarah said...

Even a lot of round toed shoes don't leave me enough toe room to be comfortable, so pointy shoes are definitely out of the running as far as I'm concerned. These look very classy on you, though!

(on a gross/creepy/interesting note, my great grandmother actually had her pinky toes surgically removed so that she could wear pointy shoes.)

Mafalda said...

Super cute, and the pictures are gorgeous!
Mafalda ❤

Amia said...

I like round shoes, I am a U.S. size 10 in women's (which is BIG) so I don't like to make me feet look even larger! However, I like the look of pointy toes on other people, you look fab!

IrishRedRose said...

Variety is the spice of life! So I like both pointy and round--what I really pay attention to is fit and wearability. I've moved far past the day when I'd tolerate unhappy feet for the sake of a lovely shoe. ;-) (I must say, I don't think I've ever seen you in a shoe I didn't adore...)

jennifer schmittlin said...

I'm a roundy! I don't like the look of pointy shoes, I feel like they make most women look like middle-aged office ladies. They do work on some women though...

esme and the laneway said...

‪Betty2Tone (Laura)‬ : I've only got this one pointy pair of sheos but they are really comfortable... I must have been lucky?!

‪Missy Piggy‬ : they're cute! This toe squish thing – no shoes should do that! :)

‪Amber J‬ : yes, thin heels are so wobbly! And flats are the most sensible :)

‪Sarah‬ : they felt very grown up :) But I'm a roundy at heart!

‪Pinky Honey‬ : that's not a big shoe size! They do make feet look a bit longer though.

‪Elke‬ : thanks :) oh, yes, I believe it!

‪The Dainty Dolls House‬ : thanks! Same :)

‪MarieBayArea‬ : true, they can do!

‪Mabel‬ : :D

‪Isabel A.‬ : I think I am missing out with this pointy pain, I've been lucky!

‪E.C. Anderson‬ : yes, a nice chunky heel feels like a much safer option! :)

‪Selina‬ : I REALLY need to know about this scrunched up squished toe thing, I've never had it! Surely that means the shoes are too small!

‪Kim Kuppens‬ : not a copy cat at all, sharing is what blogs are for! :D

‪Jessica Cangiano‬ : I'm with you. Pointy can look great with New Look stuff but roundy... roundy are the best! :D

‪Sarah‬ : O M G that is some dedication to shoes!!! x

‪Mafalda‬ : <3

‪Amia‬ : I know what you mean, and thanks :)

‪IrishRedRose‬ : this makes so much sense, and I'm with you – an uncomfortable shoes is not a good shoe! :D

‪jennifer schmittlin‬ : ouch, harsh haha :D I do know what you mean though, and they can also look really dated, especially the ones with the weirdly loooooooong tip, have you seen those?!

Frances said...

Roundy all the way. No platforms for me, I feel the most solid when my feet are just about at ground level. (The sparkly shoes in your pictures though, siiiigh.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...