Thursday, 29 August 2013

the vintage gold dress got worn!

metalgold e So, the weekend before last, I found an occasion to wear my vintage gold dress. You know, the one that I found at a second hand shop that had been chopped, and tidied up the hem for. I wore it to visit a friend and then to John's birthday drinks at the pub, with my vintage cream cardigan with the sparkly bits  – not to be confused with my other vintage cream cardigan with the sparkly bits, because those sparkly bits are very, very different – yes – and my vintage grey coat that has had a good time on this blog recently.

The cardigan had teeny tiny bits of red lipstick on it that I noticed juuuuuust before I had to leave and it was too late to change, but I got the lipstick out later. Phew. I was worried that would stain, but it was ok. And the dress is made of a stiff fabric that marks when liquid touches it, so of course I spilled some of my first G&T before even a drop had touched my lips, and had a splodge on the front of the waist for the rest of the night. Thank goodness it a) is a lovely dark pub and b) I spent the rest of the evening sitting down, imbibing my following drinks with more success. And, more phews, the gin mark came out in the wash. Good good. metalgold f metalgold i metalgold h metalgold a metalgold g metalgold c

17 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Love this gold colour, it's really nice with your hair too :) You look cosy with the cardigan on. That happens to me too, I find the tiniest spot on something I've put on and it's too late to change, so I have to clean it wherever I go or in the car :) Have a great Thursday xx

Isa said...

You could totally keep wearing that! and you picked the perfect background for the shoot, the architecture is even more timeless than the vintage :)

http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

abigailalicex said...

Your outfit looks lovely!
http://abigailalicex.blogspot.co.uk

Paulette said...

So pretty. Love the back-seam nylons.

Valerie Brown said...

There are many things I like about your blog (Babycat, anyone!) - but your story of spilling the G+T makes me like it even more! Normally, that's me, so it's nice to know I'm not the only one! ha, ha...

Sophie said...

This outfit is so lovely! Glad you had a good time!

www.ganglygiraffe.blogspot.co.uk

Jessica Cangiano said...

Absolutely gorgeous shots! I love the classic, elegant, urban setting and that we can see the wind waltzing through your hair.

♥ Jessica

Camilla said...

I'm soooooo in love with your outfit! It's an amazing combination! : )

XOXO
http://www.mademoiselleparis.com.br/

MarieBayArea said...

Very funny post!

esme and the laneway said...

‪The Dainty Dolls House‬ : thanks :) hehe it's like a curse! :D


‪Isa‬ : thanks – yes, the back ground was perfect, a really lucky coincidence! Inner Melbourne can be really beautiful :)


‪abigailalicex‬ : thank you!


‪Paulette‬ : thanks :)


‪Valerie Brown‬ : haha nope, happens to us all! Or maybe our special, select group :D


‪Sophie‬ : thank you!


‪Jessica Cangiano‬ : thanks! Yep, beautiful location, and it was one of Melbourne's super-extra-windy days (as opposed to one of Melbourne's casual gales, say) ;D


‪Camilla‬ : merci! x


‪MarieBayArea‬ :D I can't take myself too too seriously on here now, can I!

HOB said...

Beautiful clothes should definitively be worn everyday (no "big occasion" policy!). Well done on the hairdo too, looks great. xx from Paris

WendyBee said...

You look lovely. I looooove your hair red. And I didn't used to care for wearing gold, and I had just decided to include it in my Autumn palette. I like the way it looks with navy and ivory, kind of warms it up, and I love it with charcoal grey.

Ursula said...

Just wondering where those shoes are from? They're a really good height! The gold dress is lovely too :)

Vickie said...

gorgeous photos, I love the colours & for some reason, the photo of windows & tree really appeals to me :)

Jamie said...

Many phews to you! :)

Lisa said...

I am forever spilling on myself and getting lipstick and makeup on my clothes. I totally understand. lol!

You look lovely, as usual! :)

Lisa.

esme and the laneway said...

‪HOB‬ : thanks! And so true, everyday is good for it!


‪WendyBee‬ Oh, yes, that sounds beautiful :) I love new palettes for new seasons :)


‪Ursula‬ : they're from Betts, they were on sale though so I don't know if they'll still be there – worth a look though. Very comfy, and go with everything!


‪Vickie‬ :thanks :) Yes, I liked how the tree was toning nicely with my dress (oh hai thanks nature!) :D


‪Jamie‬ : :D


‪Lisa‬ : hehe it's no good, is it! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...