Monday, 2 September 2013

a vintage blue sundress and bright orange crustaceans

last day of winter b Well, as you've seen, we waved a (sad and too early!) good bye to winter on Saturday. Our last official day of winter was very, definitely ready for another Spring. Me? Not so much, to be honest, and I'd hoped to have a few more weeks to really enjoy the last of the cold weather before getting ready for the months and months (and months and... ) of warmth.

But, that said, I am not complaining about blue skies and glorious sunshine! Sartorial surprises aside, I was in an excellent mood on Saturday and was happy enough to be putting on a blue vintage sundress and sequin-y cardigan, and my go-to nude heels. Happy, yes, but also... it was strange, having to pick something to wear. I feel like my vintage sundresses have barely had a chance to cool and now I am wearing them again. I also want to add a few things to my summer wardrobe this year, more neutral shades and simpler pieces... I wonder what they'll be? Then again, I finally saw Rita Hayworth in The Loves of Carmen and am feeling quite inspired by the gypsy look.

I have a little shopping list to make. Number one: simple tan sandals. Please. Oh and a new handbag! I LOVE my big black leather bag but it's so winter-y, and I really want a big fabric shoulder bag. The search begins...

Anyway, Saturday was warm and lovely, and – do I even need to say it anymore? – very windy, and John and I headed out for coffee and breakfast. John was far more wild than me and had an ice cream sandwich, and I had strawberries and muesli. We patted a velvety soft Labrador puppy and then headed to the markets to buy some seafood. I am going to enjoy those crustaceans this summer, and actually get used to cooking them at home! I find the waggly feelers and clackety claws completely a tiny bit gross but I'll get over that. We chose some (raw, greeny black) tiger prawns and a moreton bay bug and then it was home time for an early dinner, as I had my first fashion show of Melbourne's Fashion Week to get ready for... and it was fun! And I've got lots of pictures of it to share with you.

last day of winter c last day of winter d last day of winter flast day of winter a last day of winter o last day of winter i last day of winter g last day of winter h last day of winter l last day of winter j last day of winter k last day of winter n last day of winter m

15 comments:

Helen Le Caplain said...

It's funny to hear someone lament about the end of winter - here in the UK it's always the opposite with people wanting summer to last that little bit longer!

Look forward to seeing the fashion show pictures :)

www.mancunianvintage.com

MarieBayArea said...

Nom nom nom! Looks delish

Julie L said...

Wow!!! You look gorgeous! Love the dress. I love the color, cut and the print. You def made the right choice. Love it!

IrishRedRose said...

LOL...I find crustaceans a bit creepy too. Insectoid...yick. But crab is the best one!
Do you want a floral fabric bag or solid color? Decisions, decisions...

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Hiya doll! Autumn has begun here in Scotland, it's actually quite nice after a very hot summer. I love wearing cardigans and stuff like that too :) I hope your spring & summer are lovely, I know it gets really hot there. You look gorgeous, love the dress :) xx Kizzy.

Kym Piez said...

The ice cream sandwich looks amazing. And for breakfast. Yum! Yours does look so very good too. (And a bit healthier??)

Perfect day, and perfect weather. xx

Nora said...

Aaaahhh you always look so beautiful! I really think blue is your color, it's perfect for you porcelain skin! You always look so put together but in an excellent vintage-meets-modern way? With your bag and your heels/wedges? So so lovely. And your photos are always so perfect!

ravenlocks said...

Your pictures are always so lovely :) I really like your dress! And aren't crabs and lobsters so funny lookin? Seafood is my favorite, though.

xo Azu

www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

Irene said...

You look lovely!
Here in NY the weather is still hot, but I'm so sad that in just two months or so it will be back to cold and grey days. Autumn is nice, but Winter feels never-ending here! (and it's much too cold for me to wear anything nice, which makes me sad)

Mabel said...

Happy spring to you!

Mabel
Life of Mabel

esme and the laneway said...

‪Helen Le Caplain‬ : oh, I know, and I'm sure I'd be the same if I still lived there :) Oh no, maybe I'm a non-stop weather moaner?! :o no I don't want to do too much of that! Just the fear of extreme heat gets to me :( I'll try to not be too sad. Hoping your winter doesn't start too early or drag on!


‪MarieBayArea‬ : it was, better than we expected! Especially the Moreton Bay bug!


‪Julie L‬ : thanks :) it seemed like a nothing-special dress when I got it but I love it!


‪IrishRedRose‬ : they are inscetoid aliens! :D Hmmm, I think a plain one...


‪The Dainty Dolls House‬ : thanks :) oh Autumn must be beautiful in Scotland! I'd love to go there. Enjoy those cardigans!


‪Kym Piez‬ : hehe mine a a tiny bit healthier, but not by too much prbably – then again, ice cream for breakfast, that's gangsta!


‪Nora‬ : thanks lovely lady!


‪ravenlocks‬ : thanks :) seafood looks so icky (and I thought the prawns were still alive at the market and shuddered but it was just the reflection of my bag on the glass, ha) but it is delicious, and I'm starting to love it!


‪Irene‬ : NY gets so cold, I can't even imagine what that would feel like! Does it snow every year? It sounds like heaven to me but that's easy when I've not experienced it..! I would imagine that always wearing a winter coat and boots for a while would make you miss the sun.


‪Mabel‬ : thank you! x

Jessica Cangiano said...

Such gloriously warm, inviting, beautiful photos! The are alive with a sense of spring. I adore your beautiful blue and cream outfit, it seems like the best palette to greet the return of gentle blue spring styles in.

♥ Jessica

rudegurl32 said...

Oh I'm just so excited to come to Australia soon. Although I will be in Sydney, everywhere in Australia looks wonderful :)

Pearls Of Light said...

Nice dress, you look beautiful!

Lynne said...

I have just had lunch and want to eat again after seeing your photos :)and the weather looks great there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...