Tuesday, 3 September 2013

fashion week runway one (ethereal)

gwendolynne f On Saturday night I went to the Melbourne Spring Fashion Week designer Runway 1, at the Melbourne Town Hall. For some reason I've been much more excited about this fashion week than usual and have really looked forward to it. I wasn't expetcing it to be so warm on the weekend, though, and it threw my (admittedly vague) (no, we'll call it free flowing) outfit plans out the window.

In the end I chose my mint green lace vintage dress that I've had for years now, and added the deco dress clips I lost and then finally found under my eye shadows (I've no idea how they got there) and some earrings for some sparkly bling. I'm just starting to wear earrings again, not that I ever really did beyond studs in my teens, and I quite like it. It makes my ear lobes warm and they wobble under the weight of the earrings, and now I've said ear too many times and it sounds odd.

Super-quick (read: rushed) (how fashionably late can you be?) outfit photo in the backyard with my dream method of transport. mint-vintage a green-lace-earring sunset And then we drove into the city via the sunset. melbourne-town-hall-night I love Melbourne at night. The Town Hall is a beautiful old building, and really grand on the inside too. Perfect for events like this. gwendolynne c gwendolynne d gwendolynne e gwendolynne agwendolynne b The show was the best I've seen yet, with a real sense of drama and performance – and musicians! First on was Gwendolynne, whose work I have loved since I moved to Melbourne. Always breathtakingly beautiful. So detailed, delicate and ethereal, and I love those buttons at the back. And the harp was perfect! brass craig-braybrook b craig-braybrook Craig Braybrook produced beautiful pieces too. How gorgeous is the lace on the knee length one? jasongrech a I was anti chartreuse for so long that I've ended up liking it. I love back detailing like this. jayson-brunsdon I also loved this strong silhouette from Jayson Brunsdon. Love strong shoulders! singer The music, rather than the usual slow and heavy dooooof dooooof, was dream-like and otherworldy, and added so much to the night. richard-nylon a Last up was Richard Nylon. It reminds me of Ziegeld showgirls and sea anemones. We watched them emerge from the darkness, and then when the lights dimmed and they began to glow there were gasps. It was really special. I'm looking forward to seeing shows for the rest of the week – and taking lots more pics. richard-nylon c richard-nylon b

17 comments:

MarieBayArea said...

Spectacular couture! You're lace mint green dress is elegant and you look flawless.

Jessica Cangiano said...

Much like the fashions that went down the runway, your mint lace dress is so enchantingly, gorgeously ethereal! Love the little art deco clips - perfect accessory choice.

♥ Jessica

Maria-Victoria Fürst said...

do you know the dresses of anna campell? i think of course you do! i love her brides :) she's working at melbourne, too!


http://www.annacampbell.com.au/

have a nice day and greetings from germany ^^

maria


Vickie said...

those Gwendolynne dresses are so gorgeous!

Carolyn said...

Aw you looked lovely! I've seen so many photographs from this show and it seemed magical!

Miss Ecl said...

WOW! Those dresses are AWESOME <3 <3 <3 Just fell in love

Elke said...

your dress looks so good against your haircolour! Thats the beauty of drastic change in hair. Makes your clothes look totally different :-) Where do you find all those super clothes? Beautiful catwalk clothes as well... Love the knee long lace one, and the one with the floor length plisse.

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

That looks like it would have been a fun night!! Love your earrings

OrigamiGirl said...

Woa... those last pictures are utterly breathtaking. Definitely at the most artistic end of fashion. They look totally magic. I think the very last one is my favourite. I mean they are utterly crazy and unwearable, but so beautiful.

Also, I like the picture of you in your backyard, love how you can even make fences photogenic. In my last outfit pictures I was reduced to the backyard too. Not easy to make such a thing pretty!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

This top photo is simply stunning...am over the moon for this outfit and the flowers, it's perfect!! What a show...thanks for sharing the photos, must have been amazing live. You look gorgeous as well, love the dress. I wish we really could fly away on brooms, ha. I'd get everywhere on time then ;) Have a lovely week x Kizzy

The Boyer Family said...

Oh Please do share more! I'd love to see more of Melbourne's fashion week.

Brigid
The middle Sister and Singer

Marianna Chalkiadaki said...

Great outfits but you had the best one! You're a real doll girl!

Teresa said...

Gorgeous photos. I love how you've captured the intricate details of each piece.

miranda said...

ah, i love this! i just scrolled through a bagillion of your entries... loving the rosey cheeks and bright lipstick and all the lovely vintage dresses!

those dresses from the show are beautiful!

Spoonful of Vintage said...

Eeeee Melbourne Fashion Week! That must be so exciting! I love that picture of you with the broom...It just reminded me of Bewitched! hehe.
xoxo Amie @ Spoonful of Vintage

esme and the laneway said...

‪MarieBayArea‬ : thanks!


‪Jessica Cangiano‬ : thank you – I wouldn't mind a few more beautiful lace pieces!


‪Maria-Victoria Fürst‬ : I hadn't seen these before, just looked them up now. So beautiful! 


‪Vickie‬ : soooo beautiful! Imagine wearing one?!


‪Carolyn‬: thanks! It really was, somehow more so than usual too...


‪Miss Ecl‬ : <3


‪Elke‬: hehe this green one was from an op shop! Not that that happens very often. I find red hair suits my clothes much better :)


‪Natalie_vintage_girl‬ : thanks!


‪OrigamiGirl‬ : yes, magical! Oh, my backyard, haha !


‪The Dainty Dolls House‬ : oh for brooms to fly!!! Thanks you darling x


‪The Boyer Family‬ : I will! x


‪Marianna Chalkiadaki‬ : haha I wish! x

‪Teresa‬ : :) x


‪miranda‬ : thank you! x

rubyfoot said...

love your backyard photo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...