Sunday, 22 September 2013

spring cleaning at the beginning

purpleR Sunday: starting the spring cleaning. Going through cupboards and emptying them of things that can go. Jumpers and dresses and shoes that will find new homes. So many pieces of paper! What exactly is the bathroom cabinet full of, because we don't use even half of it! It's amazing how quickly things accumulate. I am really looking forward to a good spring clean, even though it is always a bit daunting at the very beginning. I know how good it will feel when it's done! I spent yesterday surrounded by green grass, farm yard animals and great people and now I feel really rested – it's so nice to get out of the city and the concrete and feel the ground being squishy beneath you, seeing things grow, feeling early spring sunshine on the back of your neck and warming up your shoulder blades. It feels like a new start, and I look forward to having a sorted home to match... after some effort! We'll turn up the music and throw open the windows and let today's fresh air stream in – which will smell amazing, albeit not a dramatic purple! Image from my pinterest.

2 comments:

Elke said...

in my mind the purple represents the dust that comes out of every forgotten corner. lovely photo! have a great time cleaning and organising, or make it fun with little rewards :-) like tea in a pretty cup? or chocolats (i'm belgian), or a hot bath in the evening?

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Wonderful. I do love spring cleaning, though sometimes I do it in the winter as well ;) I hope you get all done that you wish xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...