Wednesday, 11 September 2013

the good, the bad, the mid-week wrap up

melbourne spring Wow, it's Wednesday already! I hope you are having a good week. I thought I'd do a little wrap up of what's been bad and what's been good for the past seven days. I feel like mid-week is a good time to do this, a mid-week wrap up of sorts, with pictures from my instagram. I think this is the best time to do it for me!

So, what has been good and bad this week?

The Bad:

– tights that go baggy. Ugh. Nora Batty ankles. Straight in the bin they go!
– breaking not one but two nails within an hour of each other. Really?
– forgetting how to go shoe shopping. I tried on loads of pairs, but none were just right... and I actually need a new pair of shoes.
– boutons. In the French sense. Because saying it in French makes it that little bit better. Yes, those buttons...
– speaking of nails: painting them and almost instantly going off the colour. I don't like red finger tips at the moment... what?!
– going to enough shows at Melbourne's Fashion Week to really make me want to go shopping. Buy all the new things. All the new things!

The Good:

– forgetting how to go shoe shopping: my bank balance says thanks. And no unloved shoes come home...
– going to the lush event in Melbourne on Tuesday night, seeing Joyce (who is also the lovely lady behind cyclestyle) and and getting products to fight the aforementioned boutons...
– finding a super dooper pair of shoes online, on sale and in my size
– work meetings at city cafes. Melbourne CBD is really quite beautiful! And a touch of perfume shopping afterwards is always nice
– getting home to not one but two Vogues, the September and October issues. Lots of pleasant reading to look forward to..!
– going to Melbourne Fashion Week shows and really enjoying them! Lots of inspiration for the Spring and Summer...
– taking a risk on a new nail colour (nudey-beigey) and loving it. Simple pleasures!
– going for a loooooong lunch at Melba, on Melbourne's Yarra waterfront in the city, and enjoying yummy seafood.
– Melbourne in Spring. All that blossom is looking beautiful!

And you? What have been the highlights, or the lowlights, of your week? msfw city lunch nails lush

5 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

I dislike when my tights go baggy too, it's not nice or I've had some that have twisted around my leg & they were seamed with a little decoration on the ankle, it looked horrible, I just caught it in a store window & quickly had to go and fix it. I was not impressed. And I have broken a few nails this week, I was quite proud that I had grown them so long & then they broke house cleaning, I guess I will have to stop cleaning ;D But, I had good things too like enjoying the start of the autumn leaves turning colours, new vintage dresses :))) All of your good things sound wonderful. It's good when there is somewhat of a balance of good and bad :))) xx Kizzy.

Amber Jade said...

Highlights: Placing an order for some new dresses from Modcloth and being SO CLOSE to being finished with my assignments for the term. Very ready for a bit of a break!
Lowlights: Spending the entire day today sitting in a lecture hall listening to common sense stuff about occupational health & safety and teamwork. It was terribly boring and really didn't seem worth the time at all.

beate grigutsch said...

the highlights: party at friday night at a cool location in berlin, sunday open air concert with the mountaineers choir in the - you guess - mountains.
not so good: to much rain
and: i´m also in a pale nails mood at the moment. lavender. must be in the air ;-)

Kristel Klear said...

Highlights:
- finding a pretty vintage dress on etsy
- making the first purchase together with my mister. Investments into a common future rock!
- painting nails in burgundy red because fall has started here
- taking walks and collecting fallen leaves and berries for my fall deco

Lowlights:
- 12 hour workdays
- pouring rain
- long-distance relationships (which will soon be over, moving together, whohooo!)
Have a great week! Cheers from the Netherlands

esme and the laneway said...

The Dainty Dolls House : oh, no, I hate it when seamed tights do that! Glad you are enjoying Autumn. MMmmmm, Autumn! :D

Amber Jade : ugh, those lectures can be so boring! Yay for new season dresss.

beate grigutsch: oh Berlin sounds amazing, as does the concert. Lavender nails are beautiful, too :)

Kristel Klear: your good sounds very good! 12 hour work days are haaaaard but yays to buying! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...