Wednesday, 18 September 2013

vintage coats and two firsts

vintage-princess-coat b Remember I told you I was saying yes to more things? Well, last week I said yes to an invite to a runway show at Highpoint, a shopping centre in Melbourne, which took place last Friday evening. I'd never been to Highpoint before, and never been to a runway show in a shopping centre before, so there were two firsts for me! It's good to try new things. And it included labels I like such as Gorman, Topshop, Karen Walker and Cue plus a bazzilion others so I knew there would be plenty to see.

vintage-princess-coat I was chuffed to have Trish along with me. Two vintage-loving ladies among the high street trends! And among the crazy Friday evening traffic... It was cold and grey and I wore my soft vintage green coat and my Gorman – of course! – shoes. My coat gets a lot of good attention and I was patted throughout the day, which is all a bit the life of a cat, isn't it..!

trish lifeincolourrunway d There were lots of vintage inspired looks on show, with plenty of full skirts, as well as floral prints and bows. I like! What do you think? lifeincolourrunway c lifeincolourrunway i lifeincolourrunway a lifeincolourrunway h lifeincolourrunway g lifeincolourrunway flifeincolourrunway e lifeincolourrunway b

9 comments:

Vickie said...

I like vintage inspired & florals & full skirts (not into the bows so much) & I love your green coat :)

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You both look like dolls :)) Looks like this was a great show. I like the colours and patterns of the clothes. Very cool. Hope your week has been lovely so far xx

Costanza Ignazzi said...

Love your shoes!!! I want them! *Gidy*
www.blogandthecities.wordpress.com

Rebecca Carroll-Bell said...

You two look fab! Love the green coat and the green-y teal-y cardi in particular.

Great runway pics. I like the full skirts, but they're a little short for me! One dress looks a bit Hawaiian print to me - perfect for summer.

Alli said...

Pretty dresses, but a little to short for me ;)
You girls both look amazing!

Christine said...

Love, love, LOVE your shoes!

Lauren Peabody said...

LOVING that emerald coat!

xoxo | Lauren from Adored Vintage

abigailalicex said...

Your coat is stunning! Loving the floral print on some of these looks too.

http://abigailalicex.blogspot.co.uk

MarieBayArea said...

2 of my fave bloggers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...