Friday, 18 October 2013

black and sheer vintage

redhair-black-vintage-sheer a Happy Friday! Last night I went to the launch of the Edward Steichen and Art Deco Fashion exhibition at Melbourne's NVG and it was amazing – more pictures coming soon! I wore my new vintage black sheer dress with the hugest sleeves I've ever seen – a nightmare to iron but it's totally worth it. I think I need to wear black more often, because it felt really good. It's so nice to get dressed up for the evening. It was a wonderfully sparkly, bubbly night (literally, you should have seen the champagne flowing) (it was very, very good fun!) and I could have stayed looking at the amazing photos and dresses for hours... I'll be going again very, very soon. redhair-black-vintage-sheer b

15 comments:

Eccentric Owl said...

I can't wait to see more pictures! That dress looks amazing, and I LOVE your coat and shoes!
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

miss.love2807 said...

You look amazing! Can't wait to see more pics ^^

Amanda M. said...

Ooh can you take a full length picture your gown? I would love to see it!
Your coat is beautiful.

Amanda M. said...

Ooh can you take a full length picture your gown? I would love to see it!
Your coat is beautiful.

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

Lovely as always. You always look very elegant :)

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Simply stunning x

Jessica Cangiano said...

This look is terrifically sophisticated and gorgeous!

♥ Jessica

Lisa said...

Love those shoes! Stunning as always.

Lisa.

Aleksandra said...

That dress looks so great; very romantic and reminiscent of the 1830s/1890s with those big leg of mutton sleeves.

abigailalicex said...

Love this outfit, the coat is absolute stunning.

http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

The dress is fabulous and that coat is stunning. Your taste is impeccable! xoxo

Cheray Natalie... said...

sounds like a great night (especially the champagne literally flowing part! hehe)
you looks gorgeous too - love that coat! <3
Cheray

laura redburn said...

YOUR COAT! oh my. it's perfect!

Dana said...

I adore your shoes! Where are they from? (Please don't tell me they're vintage!) <3

esme and the laneway said...

‪Eccentric Owl‬ : thank you !



‪miss.love2807‬ : thanks – they're on their way! x


‪Amanda M.‬ : yes, have some coming :)


‪Natalie_vintage_girl‬ : thank you! (Hehe I'm probably not so elegant battling the gales here!)


‪The Dainty Dolls House‬ : thanks love!


‪Jessica Cangiano‬ : thank you! It was a nice change from all the colour :)


‪Lisa‬ : thank you!


‪Aleksandra‬ : yes, definitely very Victorian! LOVED it, need more muttons! :D


‪abigailalicex‬ : thank you!



‪Sarah‬ <3


‪Cheray Natalie...‬ : it was a great night – and I was grateful for the coat as it was COLD on Thursday!


‪laura redburn‬ : thank you :)


‪Dana‬ : hooray no they're new, they're from yoox.com and are lola cruz by si by silena. I got them a few weeks ago so I bet they're still there :) x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...