Thursday, 31 October 2013

black, sheer, polka dots and ruffles

black-dot-net c Sometimes you see a dress and think it is perfectly nice but nothing special and you leave it on the rack and don't give it another thought. And that can be quite, quite wrong, as I was very happy to discover last week. This sheer black (should have been my first clue, seeing how much I loved it in that other new vintage dress of mine) 1970's floor length number, with polka dots and ruffles and off the shoulder gypsy goodness, is one I am VERY happy to now own. I wore it the other night and it was perfect. I feel like a kind of 1970's gothy-witchy-glammy-Biba lady, and it makes me think of those spooky 1970's films that I've always loved, like Morgiana and Don't Look Now. Extra appropriate for Hallowe'en! Oh, the 1970's had a lot of good things to offer. And they referenced the 1930's so, so well. Huzzah for taking a second look! black-dot-net a black-dot-net b black-dot-net d

3 comments:

Jessica Cangiano said...

That is such an excellent way of describing things when it comes to one decade emulating some of the styles of another (taking a second look). Love that - and your fabulous new dress. So grand that it was able to come home with you!

♥ Jessica

Alli said...

Fabulous dress! Bet it looks gorgeous on :)

Cookie-Fee said...

This dress is absolutely gorgeous! A very very nice pick :) xx Cici

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...