Wednesday, 2 October 2013

gingham, full skirts and ruffles, and the importance of cardigans

vintage-square-dancing-bw a Last Friday I met up with Trish for a midday coffee. I mentioned in this post here that I underdressed for the weather – sunshine but coooooold! – and this is what I was wearing when I was collecting goosebumps on my legs and road testing my new shoes. I love the shoes, by the way – they were comfortable first time! And that's pretty special, and a big relief when you've bought a pair of shoes online! The dress is a vintage gingham square dancing dress and is the fullest skirt I own and I love it. I also love the fluttery sleeves and think it really should get some friends to live next to it in my wardrobe. You know, for company. Gotta look after your dresses!

Beautiful Trish wore a beautiful blue vintage dress and was also clever and wore a warm cardigan and a hair scarf to keep hair in place in Melbourne's wind. I snuck in a photo when she was looking at her camera. vintage-square-dancing-bw e vintage-square-dancing-bw d vintage-square-dancing-bw c th-blue-black a th-blue-black bth-blue-black c vintage-square-dancing-bw b

16 comments:

RDYN! said...

I love the trimming and frills of the gingham dress. And fluttery sleeves are just perfection.

MarieBayArea said...

You two are the best! Lovely outfits.

stevia indrawan said...

that Gingham dress is an absolute darling
and my I looove your hair-do!

<3
The Sweetest Escape 

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You both look wonderful...gorgeous dress. The weather here has gotten colder and rainier, not as fun! The fluttery sleeves are a lovely added touch..so pretty xx

Alli said...

Gorgeous outfits girls.....but oh my gosh.....you must have frozen!!!! It's so cold in Melbourne !

Elke said...

you look amazing, so it's almost worth the goosebumps :-) in europe it's the same, differently. i wear lots of layers in the morning and end up sweating because i forgot to layer in a smart way :-) but feeling to warm is always better that being cold... i dread the comming season and try to tell myself what to like about it :-)

Jessica Cangiano said...

Enough cannot be said on the importance of cardigans, not only as a (obviously) means of keeping warm, but for the bursts of colour, texture and joy they can introduce into any look. My collection has grown over the years to more than 30, and I wear each one at least a couple of times a year (some, my faves, dozens).

♥ Jessica

Q's Daydream said...

so pretty! you girls are the cutest pair :)

Helen Mae said...

Beautiful dress, it looks lovely on you :)

abigailalicex said...

Stunning photos! Love the dress!

http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

Teresa said...

You two are so cute and I love your blog post title "… the importance of cardigans" so true! :D

xo

Alex and Elle said...

where do you get your lovely dresses from?

Alex and Elle said...

where do you get your lovely dresses from?

GracefullyVintage said...

I love gingham dresses so much! I have a red gingham dress with a similar skirt! So much fun to twirl around in! :)

bespokehome said...

I love your outfit! Would you consider going back to posting where your purchases are from?

Vanessa said...

I just love the sleeves on that dress. They're such a great shape and add a real touch of whimsy to your look. Gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...