Saturday, 26 October 2013

sunshine and vintage finds

thursday a Sometimes the sun shines on you and so do the vintage gods. The other day was a good one. Even if I did have a small but distorting spot on my lip line..! Hooray for red lipstick and a very good excuse to overdraw the lip line. As if I need one! thursday b After such a warm weekend we are back in jumpers and blankets and have the heating on. These slippers aren't quite warm enough! thursday c Babycat likes to climb into the modem and external hard drive to keep warm. They don't look particularly comfortable to me, but that's cats for you. This is one of her favourite sleepy spots. thursday d We had a bit of sunshine breaking through the dark grey clouds of the past few days. Maybe those dresses are finally dry! Green Cat looks rather pleased with it. thursday e The trees and flowers don't seem to care that it's cold too much and are blooming. After a couple of morning appointments I decided, on a split second decision, to see how my luck was going to be vintage hunting in the North. vintage-goodies a Aaaaaannd... it was pretty good! vintage-goodies b I found a vintage dirndl in a beautifully heavy red cotton. It even has a separate apron. I've always been curious about these, but never expected one to basically jump into my arms! vintage-goodies h I love the swirly pattern and the detailed buttons. vintage-goodies c I also found a green dress, vintage sage gloves, a plate and two interesting looking books. Judge a book by its cover? Every time. vintage-goodies e The plate is soft creamy yellow with a green trim and floral pattern and the colours make me think of the 1930s, even though I'm guessing the plate is later than that. vintage-goodies f Curious to read anything to do with a Mitford. vintage-goodies i This is just a new-y from the thrift shop and I don't often buy new things, as in things from the past 5 or so years, but I love the colour of this soft cotton blouse, and it's a good addition to my growing gypsy flamenco collection. And it will be amazing with red. Summery tops are hard to find so I take them when I can! vintage-pink-petticoat b And then the most amazing thing... a pale pink petticoat, so big it can stand up on its own and is almost too big to get through doorways! I am borderline obsessed with washing things and had a moment where I wasn't sure it was going to fit into the washing machine. vintage-pink-petticoat c vintage-pink-petticoat d But Babycat was soon on the case. She was very helpful. vintage-pink-petticoat e vintage-pink-petticoat f Between us we got it to fit. Then it was just a question of drying it between the bursts of pouring rain – take it outside, then quick! bring it in again – and now it is a sweet smelling fluffy cloud just waiting for... what? Will I wear it? Or will it be hung somewhere? More decisions! I think it might have just have to be both. x vintage-pink-petticoat a

10 comments:

Alli said...

Oh my gosh! What amazing finds . Have serious thrift envy right now! Lol :D

Liv said...

That dirndl looks amazing! Loooooove how fluffy that pink petticoat is! This has made me think I need to make a trip up to the northern suburbs for some shopping...

Anthea said...

What a great finds!Love the dirndl and the petticoat!

Natasha said...

What's going on with the southern hemisphere weather? I'm in South Afica and it's raining again this weekend. I live in a winter rainfall area, so it's all wrong. We get a few days of sunshine every now and then, but it keeps going away :(

Jessica Cangiano said...

My goodness, what terrifically lovely finds!!! That crinoline is like a frothy, feminine, darling sea of cotton candy or pink cupcake frosting. Adore it!

♥ Jessica

Betty2Tone (Laura) said...

My kitties love sleeping on our cable box because of the warmth, so I understand that!

Hannah said...

That petticoat is absolutely decadent! How perfect. Lucky day!

Cat said...

Fantastic finds! I often feel like such beautiful things just don't exist in London - I need a trip down under! Also love love love that Babycat was on hand to help :) xx

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Such gorgeous things...well done you :))) I enjoyed them all :) x

laura redburn said...

that red dress is perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...