Saturday, 2 November 2013

baking, and when there aren't enough words

baking-banana-bread a Evening baking always feels a little strange at first – surely it's a day time thing, maybe for a soft rainy Sunday or something like that – but on Thursday night I got out my book, bowls and bananas to make banana bread. I'd been meaning to do it for a couple of days, and had been saving the ever sweetening, blackening bananas specially, and what really made it happen there and then was the ripe bananas just about audibly announcing that it was now or never. It turned out very well, and I was extra pleased to be able to take a few slices, on a delicate china plate, to a friend the following day, which was Friday – which was yesterday!

I do have lost of pictures from the last few days but I don't have enough words in me just yet. So now I am going to put on loads of sticky sunscreen and the new to me vintage dress (another one!), paint my face and even put on serious eyebrows, something I haven't done all week. Then John and I are going to look at a house we won't be able to buy but is just possibly the perfect dream house, make the most of this sunshine by doing some laundry (ooh the excitement!) and then go out with some of our bestest friends tonight. And I will have lots of pictures of all of this, too. Enjoy your Saturday!

4 comments:

Elke said...

mmm, banana bread :-) a friend of mine made banana jam from her overly ripe bananas... also delicious, especially with yoghurt :-)

Jessica Cangiano said...

Writing like good baking, turn out best when they aren't rushed or done without thought and the desire to create. Don't worry, they (the words) will return soon enough. Sometimes they just vanish so as to give you time to really focus on other elements of life, but they're rarely gone for good and often come back better than ever when they do return.

Have a joyful weekend,
♥ Jessica

Alli said...

I LOVE banana bread! Such a super way to get rid of mushy bananas, and it gets eaten in a flash in my house ;) (I have an awesome recipe out of Veginomicon). Hope you have a great Saturday too xxoo (baking day is tomorrow in my house....jam drop cookies for my neighbours :) )

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Have a wonderful weekend doll x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...