Saturday, 9 November 2013

black and white, sunshine, and heavenly windows

babycat-smiling Last Saturday, I woke up and decided we just had to have pancakes for breakfast. John agreed, as did Babycat. She smiled, hoping to get a little bit of pancake too. hearty-pancake a The first pancake had a heart on it! hearty-pancake b lemon-curd I broke my usual habit of lemon juice and sugar and had lemon curd on mine. babycat-smiling b babycat-smiling d Babycat's wish came true (lemon curd free)... babycat-smiling c ... and she was very pleased. piggy-bows a I decided to wear my new vintage black and white dress, and the pattern made me think of Brigitte Bardot. I strayed from my familiar makeup, too, and did dark eyes and pale lips – and as always, I soon missed the red lips! But it's fun to do something different every now and then. gingham bw c Sunny! The dress is vintage and is a bit big for me, so the belt comes in handy. It's from Asos. The shoes are from yoox and the scarf is vintage, too. gingham bw a gingham bw b Not-set hair solutions. flowers coffee-holder We got some take away coffee which came in an efficient holder. window And went to look at some beautiful windows. Lead light windows are the dream for me! gingham-strawberries Later we re-feulled with strawberries. fizzy-face And had a couple of drinks before meeting up with some friends. Why, why, why do blueberries sit at the bottom of the glass for a few minutes before bobbing to the top? Happy Saturday all over again! It is cold and rainy today and, don't tell anyone, but I am really enjoying it. I'm going to watch films, tidy up a bit, and have a cozy day at home. Bliss! blueberries-gin


Tessa and Scarlett said...

Lovely pictures and outfit as always! I love the 5th photo, the one where Babycat looks super eager to eat the pancake; it made me laugh. :D

Lauren @tear stained said...

It's definitely a snuggle with the kitty cat kind of day in Melbourne! Unlike you I'm ready for the summer heat! Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

beate grigutsch said...

ohhh! baby cat is soooo cute! that tiny face! hpw do you resist to give her pancake every day??? ;-)

the new dress is pretty, a perfect spring dress.
and without your red lippy you look so young, like a teen girl! maybe the tails count in here too :-)

Elke said...

lovely pics :-) i hope you enjoyed the films!

Jessica Cangiano said...

I don't know what's more darling, the fact that Babycat likes pancakes or your fabulously charming warm weather blue and white plaid filled ensemble? I think it's safe to say they're equally smile-inducingly cute! :)

♥ Jessica

Becky Bedbug said...

I love your hair like this! You look like a cute milkmaid!


Valerie Brown said...

This post made me happy! It's cold and rainy here today, so photos of you enjoying the sun and Babycat enjoying pancakes are just the thing!

jessthetics said...

This looks like the most gorgeous day! I love your dress and your shoes and the sunshine is so so pretty xx

Kasia Górska said...

Lovely photorelation! What an adorable cat! <3

Sophie Zen said...

I love Babycat. I also love your photos.

Sophie @ x

Lucy In The Sky said...

Mmm I must try pancakes with lemon curd, it sounds delicious. Baby Cat looks too cute and very happy to be receiving her share of pancake!
You look absolutely lovely with the new makeup style you tried out, lovely hair too.

esme and the laneway said...

‪Tessa and Scarlett‬ : hehe she had her crazy snake face on!

‪Lauren @tear stained‬ : you know, I think you're onto smething – enough of this chilly windy weather, now! :D

‪beate grigutsch‬ : she does have the tiniest little face (and head, and brain!) she is very persuasive with the beans but we can't have her getting too plump :) And oh, younger, I'll take it! :D

‪Elke‬ : thanks, I did – always want more of that! :D

‪Jessica Cangiano‬ : :D xxx

‪Becky Bedbug‬ : thanks very much! :D I wasn't 100% sure about it but it was fun, nice to hear you liked it :)

‪Valerie Brown‬ : this is the best thing! I am so glad they did :D

‪jessthetics‬ : thanks! It was so warm and nice and it feels like ages ago already!

‪Kasia Górska‬ : thanks!

‪Sophie Zen‬ : thank you :)

‪Lucy In The Sky‬ : thanks very much :) lemon curd is SO good with them, quick too :)

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Ooooh lovely fresh strawberries, how I miss thee already :)) Gorgeous dress doll, I use belts too when things are too big. Love the style of hair. Your cat is precious, yummy pancakes :))) Not had them for a while, must do soon :) x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...