Friday, 22 November 2013

mustards, plums and braids

purple-yellow-braids b plaits-a Happy Friday! I hope you have had a good week and that it has not involved the kind of headache that makes you dizzy, unlike some types around here. *Hmm, yes, that would be me.

Anyway, I think it is high time I posted these, which are from the Sunday after this Saturday. I was VERY happy to get back into the red lips, I can tell you! So happy, in fact, I really hammed it up taking some photos. purple-yellow-braids g The dress is a wonderfully full skirted 1980's one, and I love the yellows and plums together, on the rich black background. Dark florals have always been a favourite of mine. The colours are more suited to Autumn, really, but what are you going to do! I was so excited to wear it, and anyway, it matched my new Melissa shoes perfectly. purple-yellow-braids d My hair do was inspired by a picture of Hedi Lamaar wearing braids and flowers, and I am Very Happy – caps requried – to tell you I have since coloured my regrowth... which is a very good thing, seeing as it was about 2 minutes from becoming officially ombre. (It will always be a mystery to me why in some lights, my naturally very light brown hair looks black, but there it is.) It feel uh-mazing to have sorted the regrowth out!!! Lots of exclamation marks!!!!! purple-yellow-braids e purple-yellow-braids c purple-yellow-braids a purple-melissa-shoes b purple-melissa-shoes a Now I am looking forward to doing more some hairstyles, getting a straw hat for summer and making some more big plans this weekend. Excited! purple-yellow-braids h

20 comments:

Betty Bow said...

These shoes...♥♥♥

Nora said...

Such lovely photos! I didn't think your hair looks that bad - I never really color my hair because I'm too lazy but it also means I never notice other people's regrowth ahahha :)

Lovely dress - it might be 80s but it surely captures the sweet and feminine essence of full skirted 50s dresses! :)

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Stunning, I always like your hair...gorgeous! I liked it when it was a lilac colour as well, so pretty. This is a stunning dress...love florals all times of the year :)) Have a great weekend doll x

Sarah Potts said...

Those shoes are amazing, they look so comfortable! Love the mustard-y jumper too! Gorgeous as ever :)

Marilin moulich said...

Beautiful pictures!!I love it!!
www.bernice.es

Marilin moulich said...

Beautiful pictures!!I love it!!
www.bernice.es

abigailalicex said...

Lovely make up in these photos, you look a dream!

http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

Bri said...

My hair is the same way! If it is colored darker, the regrowth looks blonde, if it is colored lighter, the regrowth looks black. So mysterious! I agree with Nora about the dress, it looks like one of those lovely square dancer ones!

Alice said...

Love the mustard and lips! What colour hair for your wedding I wonder?
xx

Miss Louise said...

this is one of my favorite posts! Those shoes, that dress; everything about this post is just so pretty :)

Asmaa said...

Such beautiful pictures! And I love red lips - also love the colours- I can't get used to how sunny it is in Australia and how Autumny and cold it is here! :)

Asmaa || JustPeachy

Paulette said...

That dress! It's a perfect twirling skirt. I love all of your looks, but you rock a red lip, my dear! I always look forward to your style posts.

Jessica Cangiano said...

Splendidly pretty outfit and photos! It's really a joy to see plum and mustard worn together. I adore that combo so much, yet it's not one you encounter everyday (goodness know why! It's a gloriously pretty pairing).

Wishing you a magnificent weekend!
♥ Jessica

Authentic Alice said...

Loving the outfit. The colours would very much suit the autum we are having here in England right now!!

Authentic Alice said...

Really love the colours. They would really suit the autumn we are having here in England!!

Elke said...

nice pictures :) love the colour, and the sunlight!

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

Pretty! I love your hair especially :) and the new cover pic thing you used for your blog is gorgeous

Helen Mae said...

You look so gorgeous in these photos, like a porcelain doll :)

MarieBayArea said...

This post is absolutely dazzling! So much beautiful going on. I love that I can see your photos in full on my iPhone now. Hooray!

Vanessa said...

I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but I actually really like your two-toned hair. It looks gorgeous. But then again, you could make pretty much anything look gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...