Wednesday, 6 November 2013

pale pink, embroidery, cake and lucky bees

starfish-brooch Last Friday was gloriously sunny after days and days of rain. Spring hasn't been a gradual process at all this year. Instead it's been a few days of hot weather, followed by a few days of it being so cold the heating gets turned back on, then back to warm... I'd like some more inbetween, mild days, please – but we'll get what we get! I wore a vintage pale pink dress with white and pink embroidery, a pink vintage silk scarf that matched perfectly and is good for providing a tiny bit more protection from the sun, and my white starfish brooch, for novelty brooch Friday. babycat-laundry-basket laundry The dry and sunny day was especially welcome from a laundry point of view. Babycat approved, too, as she got to sleep in the laundry basket (that never gets completely empty...) and I could put my new vintage dress outside to dry in the shade. The trim was really dingy when I got it but I took a risk and it paid off – it came up beautifully after just one wash. ladybird A ladybird liked the sun, too. This one caught my eye because the dots are an unusual shape. cake-plate I packed up some of the banana bread I'd baked the night before to take round to Trish at her shop. dead-bird This was around the corner. In perfect condition apart from the main thing. I still remember the almost-perfect crow I found a few years ago. It was missing a foot but was so glossy and beautiful I really wanted to take it home... to do what with, I don't know, and it was good John said no to that. pink-berrie-thing I liked the deep pink berry thingies on the ground too. Toning with nature, nice work..! The shoes are from Betts from last Autumn and are really fun to wear. I mean, glittery shoes..! roses-bee Looking up and ahead was good, too. The roses are looking absolutely amazing at the moment. When I first saw this photo, I wondered why there was a little smudge... tiny-bee ... I'd managed to capture a bee! bread-plate The flowers were a nice back drop to the plated cake, even under its clingfilm veil. cafe-flowers-window cafe-flowers I dropped it off with Trish, and then when and got us some coffees from the cafe next door. c+l And read something while I waited. I don't normally like cartoons but I love Charlie and Lola! pink-me-meeror Always love visiting Trish's shop! Sneaking in some mirror selfies without anyone noticing is a skill, I tell you! home-journal-1964-turban measurements I read some vintage magazines while Trish was busy with customers. I love this turban! It was also quite interesting to have a look at this size chart, which detailed junior, misses', half sizes and so on. So many options and still none of them were mine, ha! apron After some lovely chats and coffee drinking, I went home and started getting dinner ready. I've been putting more effort into cooking again, and thought I may as well enjoy it and look the part, too, so on went my red gingham apron. I made a tofu tart, which we hadn't had for ages. brocolini But only brocolini for me. You know. Wedding diet and all that. tart-tofu Hahaha yeah right! Slices of tart were enjoyed by both me and John. Spring is pretty good so far.

12 comments:

Denise said...

The Melbourne weather you describe is almost indent octal to ours here in WA ( southwest). Today it's raining, 19 forecast, Monday was sunny and 32, yesterday 20. A must to check the forecast or too easy to under or over dress!

Elke said...

love your pictures, as always :-) is a cat in a laundry basket contra productive, though? none the less, love the outfit, the dress you re drying (saw a little pic) and the bright blue one too :-)

Heather said...

Amazing photo Marianne!

Liv said...

That pink dress is absolutely stunning! It's amazing how well the scarf matches too! The photo of the bee is awesome. What a lucky shot!

Anonymous said...

What us the lipstick you are wearing?

Elyce Sandri said...

That dress is the most darling thing ever!!!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Looks wonderful. Love your dress, so so pretty. I love Charlie and Lola too! It's one of the few cartoons I can tolerate & with two young daughters, it's not so easy to avoid the others, haha! But Lola is sweet!! The food looked wonderful and yummy. I hope your week is going beautifully x

Jessica Cangiano said...

That pink dress...good heavens, it's too sublime for words! You're a vintage fairy princess in it, dear gal!

♥ Jessica

sugoi-punk said...

oh my goodness that picture with the bee is incredibly pretty!

Miss Marie said...

That's a very, very, perfectly pretty dress! And so pleasing that you happened to catch a wee bee in your flower photo!

esme and the laneway said...

Denise : that is JUST like here! It doesn't make for easy dressing decisions in the morning, does it?! :D

Elke : cat in basket is probably not entirely helpful but she doesn't care what I say..! :)

Anonymous : Lime Crime's Velvetine in Red Velvet and it is AMAZING!

The Dainty Dolls House : hehe oh I believe it! Some cartoons are so... grating! Thank you, and same to you xxx

laura redburn said...

that dress is a dream! and i love the bee capture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...