Tuesday, 12 November 2013

rain proofin'

melissa-shoes-ginga Today it has been rainy and grey and blerg and might have had a tiny moment of grump about it but to be honest, it's not all bad – it means I get to wear my new Melissa KL Ginga shoes (thanks, Melissa, I love them!) and keep my frozen tootsies nice and dry. This evening I'm watching Betty Grable films and I think tomorrow I will do 1940's- and Betty Grable-inspired makeup and hair. And red nails. I think that is just what is needed to cut through this gloom! I also have an amazing blue velvet vintage dress that I can't wait to wear. Maybe tomorrow, too? It is more of a party dress, but then when has being over dressed been something I don't like?! And going out in the rain is something I don't mind at all if I'm prepared for it. In fact, splashing down dark, slick streets can be fun!

6 comments:

Alli said...

Those shoes are amazing!!! Bet they look cute. And I love your brolly. My Non used to have one similar to yours...especially the handle. :)

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Your rainy day solutions sound wonderful and just perfect!! Love these shoes and brolly :)) My umbrellas have bit the dust with the crazy strength of winds we have in Scotland at times, am going to have to get another soon. Precious shoes xx

sarah elena said...

beautiful!

Miss Louise said...

They're so cute :) I'm surprised because the style isn't something I would typically gravitate towards!*Sigh*, I wish I could walk in heels!

It's sleeting where I live, so it's been pretty gloomy here in the US as well!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Charmingly lovely ruffled umbrella. It reminds me a bit of classic Victorian bloomers.

♥ Jessica

Stéphanie said...

Everything is beautiful !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...