Tuesday, 19 November 2013

recharge and refresh

rest Well, hello there! I am back after my completely unexpected, and unplanned, break from almost everything internet. I say unplanned, but of course I had planned a break of some sorts, as John had a couple of days off work, so I knew we would be doing whatever it is we wanted to do for a whole stretch of glorious days in a row. However, I hadn't even begun to realise just how much I really needed a proper break, where I could let my head feel as thought it was full of cotton wool and not try to fight it, and just go about the business of living there and then, in the moment. It was utterly, utterly blissful. Now I feel recharged, refreshed, and ready to go again. So much to share!

I think it's funny how those two words in the title are so familiar in a computer sense, don't you?

5 comments:

Nivikka said...

Oh thoese breaks, they can be wonderful.. Looking forward to new post, glad you're back!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Glad you had a break and feel recharged, I could do with a break. It's always nice to get away and just be there and not anywhere else. xx

ConstantlyAlice said...

The blog looks lovely! I like the changes you've made :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

I know precisely what you mean. This past September we traveled to Calgary, Alberta for a week and I intentionally left my computer at home. I knew that I wanted a breather from the web, but hadn't realized just how very much I needed one. It's good, important, even healthy, I'd say, to disconnect from our computers periodically and just enjoy life as it comes at us, savouring and delighting in the moment.

♥ Jessica

Carolyn said...

Oh I know how you feel about needing a break from the internet. At times, it can feel so overwhelming!

Yesterday I was trying really hard to not use my computer, watch tv or check my phone and I found it so difficult.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...