Monday, 11 November 2013

vintage roses, beaded collars

pink-roses c I recently had not one but two pink dress days within the same week. I don't know what my tomboy childhood self would make of this but I think the princess side that peeked a for-once-brushed-haired head out into the sunshine every once in a while would approve.

At the moment I am wearing as little skin makeup as possible, just SPF30, under eye concealer and a little powder on my nose. It feels really nice in the day time. I took it a step further and went without eyebrows, too. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I like to paint them. (I always want them to grow fatter but they refuse to cooperate.) pink-roses b And sometimes I dance about when Madonna's Like A Prayer comes on the radio, and make silly faces, because too many serious faces is just too, too ridiculous! vintage-cardigan-collection My vintage cardigan shelf is looking pretty good to me now. The crumby white things are bits of scented soap. I like to put them in the cupboard as they share their nice smells with the wools and cashmere. pink-roses a It was one of the very few NICE spring days we've had, and I wore my dark pink vintage cardigan over my rose print vintage dress. I love the bead detail on the collar – which was surprisingly hard to take a photo of, but I got there! pink-roses fpink-roses e I was off to meet up with a lovely fellow Melbourne based vintage lover. Babycat was sound asleep in my scarf-filled hat box. I changed out of my slippers and into my sparkly shoes from Betts. They've been such good go-to spring shoes. pink-roses h When I got back a few hours later, a certain someone had clearly been very busy..! Well, I'd had a lovely time, too, talking about beautiful vintage dresses, drinking a chai latte, and looking forward to the future! Even better than sleeping, I think! babycat-still-sleepy

13 comments:

Lara Tura said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

On the second picture you look like a monster.

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You look gorgeous, love the cardigan, it's one thing I don't have a lot of..vintage cardigans, but yours always remind me to find some. I'll be needing some as it's getting so cold here now with all of this rain. I love your at, the ability to sleep in a hat box is fantastic, I want to be a cat, haha! I hope you have a gorgeous new week doll x

Alli said...

You are just so cute! That outfit is gorgeous :)

Miss Louise said...

what an adorable dress!
really lovely pictures too! :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

As always, your photos are filled with such a rich abundance of beauty, style, sweetness and fun. Lovely shot - and that coral-pink sweater, oooh, it's just sublime!

♥ Jessica

esme and the laneway said...

Anonymous : raawwwwrr.

The Dainty Dolls House: cardis can be so hard to find, but so good to have :)

Jessica Cangiano :thank you! x

Sarah said...

You have such great style! I just love your pink cardie x

suzanne stevens said...

I feel there needs to be a montage of Babycat asleep in strange places. I love the ones in the hat box, too sweet.

Kate-Em said...

Lovely outfit, the pink cardi is gorgeous. The picture of your cat so happily asleep in the hat box made me giggle. Cats have such a nice life!

Anonymous said...

What Lipstick do you wear? Looks great with your red hair! (am a redhead aswell, so always glad to find new lipsticks:))

Denise said...

The picture of babycat in the hatbox just melts my heart, it's one of the great pleasures of owning a cat, seeing them asleep.

Anonymous said...

Marianne, I've heard castor oil is really good for hair growth, eyebrow, lashes, etc :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...