Friday, 13 December 2013

dreams and walking tall off the beaten path

bue-gold c A few weeks ago we went to a Christmas party at the Estelle store, run by beautiful and talented designer Estelle, in Melbourne's Ivanhoe. I am always so happy that blogging has brought so many new, different people together, and so many into my life. All these wonderful creative people doing what they love to do, and being brave enough to walk off the beaten path. I'm so inspired when I meet the people behind Melbourne's small and independent shops, because it's not cold churn-and-burn money making, it's a passion. I wonder if I could be brave enough to strike out on my own, and create a beautiful world too? That seems like an impossible dream but it can be done... bue-gold a bue-gold e Anyway. I'd run some errands during the day and had planned on wearing an early 1960's dress in a deep teal that matched some of the glitter in my manicure – important business, yes? – but it dawned on me that it had actually got very hot over the afternoon and much lighter summer wear was called for. I wore my vintage patio set for the first time, and bright red lip gloss that I was sacred was all over my teeth every time I talked with people but it wasn't, it was fine. bue-gold d bue-gold b I'd never worn this kind of fabric before, but it was soft and cool and familiar and comfortable, as evidenced by middle-of-the-road posing! Which is, come to think of it, entirely inappropriate for this post! estelle-party d This is Estelle. I love her style, she is an inspiration! estelle-party f estelle-party e estelle-party c estelle-party i estelle-party b estelle-party g estelle-party a estelle-party h It was nice to catch up with blogger-world friends, meet new ones, and laugh at the craziness of this time of year. I am so ready for it to be over, and a new phase of life to begin. I've so many dreams and plans and ideas for 2014. And plans is the important word, there. Things are going to happen! estelle-party j

11 comments:

Jamie Rose said...

This shade of lipstick is so gorgeous on you. Whenever I wear a glossy type I'm always afraid it's getting on my teeth, so I understand completely!

Kalliopie said...

i can't wait until 2013 is over too, wish you dreams come true

Ancora Rejsy said...

I am so glad you changed your hair back to red - it suits you so well!

Ancora Rejsy said...

I'm so glad you changed your hair back to red - it suits you so well!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Gorgeous pretties in this post, that little chair is perfect, I'd fit right in that :) You look wonderful doll. The last picture of you in it, looks a bit like you were going to say something or waiting a bit for the picture to be taken ;) Very sweet xx

Amy McLarty said...

You are just beautiful. Simply beautiful. The dress is fantastic!

Love, Amy

Cate said...

May I please ask what foundation you use? Whatever it is the finish is gorgeous and it matches your skin perfectly. My skin is similarly pale and I always struggle to find a foundation that I like.

Also, I have to agree with others that your red hair is beyond stunning and it looks SO shiny and healthy. What is your secret!!!

Elke said...

you're so right to support the small business owner. they're struggling here, with all the taxes and costs... but as always, beautiful pictures and gorgeous you!

Jessica Cangiano said...

That patio set is marvelous!!! I love the gold and royal blue trim set against pale sky blue like that. Oooh, how you've got me counting down the (many) days until summer returns here once more.

♥ Jessica

*PS* I'm dreaming and hoping big for 2014, too.

PatrĂ­cia said...

You are Gorgeous :D

AmyNicole said...

Your hair is so luxurious and vibrant! You're absolutely beautiful :)

xo
Amy
http://artoftheheartblog.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...