I am now counting down the days to the Christmas Holidays (and to the wedding!) (!!!!!!!) and I can. not. wait. for them to arrive. I really want to get quite a few project around the house done. It's been so neglected of late and definitely needs some attention! The things that I am going to do are – wait, I stumbled when typing that, because that means I have to do them, right? No wishy-washy-maybe-I'd-like-to-if-I-can business here! – no! Here is the list of things I will do:
– the bathroom: I painted it an amazing dark blue in the first year of living here and we still love the colour. Now I am going to sort out some shelving in the corner, which will mean I'll possibly have to move the beautiful deco mirror that's been above the toilet (mmm, doesn't that sounds glam! It looks much better than it sounds, I promise) which is a shame, but I know we can work something out. Might repaint the cupboard too.
– the kitchen: last winter I wanted to do a couple of things to the kitchen and I did paint the dark green back door a glossy cream, and it looks great, if I do say so myself. However, I'm a real perfectionist when it comes to painting which is a massive pain for all involved (if you're going to do something, do it properly!) as it takes aaaaaaaaages but the result is worth it. BUT my point is I am going to paint the dark green (there was a thing with them, the back door, and the light shades) shelves in the corner – hopefully I'll spray paint them, as that'll be much quicker. Having four shelves spread out about a small kitchen floor ain't no good for no one. It's also amazing how much bigger they become – and so how long they take to paint – when you take them off the wall..! But I want to paint them pale, and maybe have a bright and cheery feature colour shelf. Bright yellow? Sky blue? Something fun. And manageable, job-wise!
– the floorboards in the bedroom, living room and kitchen: ok, this is a big one. A HUGE one. In fact, this will be better to do when it cools down in Autumn, as it is going to be a beast of a job, but we love the white floorboards in the other two bedrooms (and now my home sounds very big, and it really is not) and they wear really well. I was worried it might be a passing phase thing but nope, they are awesome. And we both hate the dark colour we have now. But this will be a future thing.
– the "front garden": we don't have a front garden, but we do have a patch of dirt that is, seeing as I finally weeded it last week, just that: a patch of dirt. The plan is to mulch it, and then use the vintage factory wooden boxes that we've had for ages as plant boxes, and grow some flowers. Really excited about this one! Might even try growing herbs and vegetables, using appropriate boxes for that of course.
– clothes storage: I am looking into put clothes racks high up along the ceiling, so I can double our (very limited) clothes storage space. Not as straight forward as it sounds when you are bound by plasterboard walls but we'll sort it out.