Monday, 16 December 2013

ruffles and rust and summery stamping

rust-ruffle-skirt a Happy Monday! I hope you had a nice weekend. Now there's only one more to go before Christmas..! I cannot wait for the holiday to begin now – just one more week and then holiday time! SOOOO excited for that now. Now now now!

A few weeks ago I got to finally wear a ruffled, rust-coloured vintage skirt and I wore an equally ruffley blouse with it. Well, why not go to town?! The big shoulder ruffles make the blouse feel rather 1930s, and I love it. I just think it's cute. This time I matched it up with my black asos belt that I had to make smaller so it doesn't look like it's meant to but still works – why are small belts for the waist so, so, SO hard to find?! – and my trusty black oh-hello-Miu-Miu-a-few-seasons-ago sandals from yoox. Here I am showing it off to my mother-in-law's chickens, and they clucked and scuttled about and were very excited, and that was definitely because they liked it and not because they thought I was bringing them food. I did some flamenco stamping too! rust-ruffle-skirt d rust-ruffle-skirt c

10 comments:

beate grigutsch said...

gypsy galore :-)

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Well, I love ruffles, so all is grand!! You look fab and the belt is a wonderful touch xx

Anonymous said...

Simply dazzling! Happy holidays!

www.ananasa.com- Home For Handmade

Carla Ortega said...

you look adorable and beautiful, belt makes you look your waist perfectly!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Very good point, I too have run into that with a number of belts over the years (and my waist while fairly small, isn't microscopic). For belts that are compatible with having more holes added, I bought a belt hole punch off of eBay a few years ago just so that I could wear more of my belts around my actual waist without them being too big.

Love this fun, summery ensemble!

♥ Jessica

Miss Louise said...

the fact that it's summer during christmas where you live is such a strange concept to me! I guess that's typical American thinking! haha
Love the skirt!

esme and the laneway said...

beate grigutsch : yes!

The Dainty Dolls House : thanks!

Jessica Cangiano : same, it's soooooo strange!

Miss Louise : haha well I am still finding it weird and it's the 10th in a row for me! :D

Alli said...

So gorgeous !!!

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

gorgeous skirt!

Margarita Bloom said...

Okay, you totally remind me of Rita Hayworth in these photos!!!

- Regina
Margarita Bloom: Retro Beauty & Skincare
http://margaritabloom-glamourville.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...