Friday, 24 January 2014

creating new spaces and getting ready for the weekend

study c Some changes will be happening this weekend. To the study, that is! We finally could clear some things out, organise some things here, make a bit of room there, and generally make it a much nicer room to be in. But this is just the start, so these are Before photos, really. This weekend we are going to add a few things. It will be so much better! When you live in a small space you have to always think of ways to make it work better for you. Or you can waste your time wishing you lived somewhere bigger... guess which one I choose! study d The screens don't have their backs to the big window now, so they're much easier to use. It's great having a big clear desk. Tidy desk, tidy mind... maybe! Next we need some of those box-y storing things, so we can keep our papers and what not separate. Sharing a desk is fine if it's all sorted neatly! As long as no one uses MY pen..! study e The light in here is really nice. The maiden hair fern loves it in here! study b The light is good for taking photos too. Good for makeup photos and things. study a I soooo want to get going with putting some more of it together! I'll show you how it's going next week. Have a lovely Friday! What have you got planned for the weekend?

9 comments:

Rebecca Carroll-Bell said...

Looking good! I am also working on my home office space this month. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Belle

bellemelbourne.blogspot.com.au

Jessica Cangiano said...

You guys are blessed with some seriously gorgeous natural light in that room. What I wouldn't give for a mere fraction of it at our abode! :) (We used to have great light when we lived on the 23rd floor of a high rise apartment in Toronto, but not so much here in our quaint little two story condo with neighbours all around blocking the light's path.)

♥ Jessica

Maddison McConnell said...

OoOo That guitar looks superb! You're office space is so neat and bright! Very natural looking! I love it!

Maddison McConnell said...

OoOo That guitar looks superb! You're office space is so neat and bright! Very natural looking! I love it!

ButterandBuntings said...

I love bright,light rooms, and this is just lovely. As is your dress! Have a great weekend. I'm sewing dresses at the moment, will probably continue this weekend!

Hermania said...

Nice pictures!

beate grigutsch said...

thats so right - light, space and air are more important for a room then expensive furniture.

this weekend we will build a door in a wall where no door is yet. behind that (wooden) wall is a little roof space which you can only enter from the outside of the house with a high ladder - we think it was used for hay. with the door from the staircase put in its more easy to use that space.

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Looks great, can't wait to see it complete. I'd love to have a study!! One day :) Have a lovely weekend doll xx

let us wanderlust said...

Your office space looks absolutely lovely Marianne! I love those big open windows and all that natural light that filters in! You have had such a productive start to the year with getting your home in order :) I must admit I'm experiencing some nesty jealousy haha (if that's such a thing!). I can't wait to set up my new home when I return from my travels, and your beautiful photographs have given me some serious inspiration! Have a wonderful weekend!
Xx Carly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...